Verizon Email Woes

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by kapdani, Dec 31, 2011.

1. kapdani

kapdani New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All,

I was hoping beyond hope that my Verizon email problem would be solved when I moved from my original Motorola Droid to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I love my Nexus, but sadly the email client behaves exactly the same way. That is, it doesn't work much of the time. Symptoms? Almost every time I select the Verizon Email app, I get a "Connection Error." If I don't get a connection error, then I get "Loading...." with a spinning circle on the screen that spins forever. Solution? Power the phone down and do a cold start. It will work for a while, then the same old behavior begins again. This behavior is IDENTICAL to that on my original Motorola Droid so I'm convinced it is some sort of disconnect between the Verizon Email app and the Verizon Email servers. An employee at the Verizon Wireless Store informed me that Verizon is using Yahoo email servers. He changed the server names on my phone to incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net but that doesn't help one iota. I'm amazed that more people are not having this same problem and screaming about it. I tried K9 email on my Motorola but was frustrated that clicking URLs in K9 emails doesn't work. I have had ZERO problems with GMAIL on both the Motorola and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Google gets email. Verizon doesn't. Verizon email is more reliable on my desktop computer, but even there not nearly as reliable and responsive as Gmail. Off my soapbox.... // Kapdani

2. Anubis520

Anubis520 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would forward Verizon mail to Gmail that way at least you get it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

3. pool_shark

pool_shark Active Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I have a yahoo secondary email account and it works fine.
    My primary email is roadrunner, I forward all of those to gmail and I have gmail setup to send my email as roadrunner.

4. kapdani

kapdani New Member

Ratings:
    +0

5. jackmydog

jackmydog New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same Problem

Hi - I was wondering if you ever got this fixed. I have the Samsung Charge and my verizon e-mail also is erratic at best. It's got to be something to do with those Yahoo servers. (I too have FiOS and use this as my perosnal e-mail.) Spent 2 hours in the Verizon store the other night. They finally threw up their hands in surrender and gave me a new phone - not that it made any difference, I think they just felt bad for me. Thanks!

6. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Do yourself a favor and stop using the native email app. Good replacements are either K-9 or Maildroid. My solution, which I've been doing for almost two years now, is to use the Gmail app for everything. I have two pop3 accounts and my Gmail account being pushed into the Gmail app: Using Gmail as your own personal push mail server

It is way better than the other options - IMHO!!

Good luck.

7. kapdani

kapdani New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Jack,

Nope, still no solution. I am routing most of my email to GMAIL now which works wonderfully well. There is definitely some disconnect between the email app on Verizon's smartphones and the Verizon email servers. A neighbor was over yesterday with the same complaint. He has a Verizon Droid and email is critical to his business. He often gets phone calls, asking why he hasn't answered a customer's email, only to discover that no email has come to his phone in hours. Interestingly, he asks others if they have encountered similar problems and gets a "yes" from everyone with a Verizon phone and Verizon email BUT NOT iPhone owners! It seems that iPhone owners with Verizon email accounts do not have this problem. So..... it's apparently something amiss with the EMAIL APP on the Verizon Android phones.

Anybody else???

Kapdani

8. jackmydog

jackmydog New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :mad: I really hate this phone. I am going to try the GMAIL solution as you and the above poster both seem to have some luck with that. Yes, iPhones are sent from heaven, can make quiche, blah, blah, blah. Thanks for the quick reply - I will post back if I have any luck!

9. nubby

nubby Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have used verizon email on the native app, on both OG and Nexus. Only problem, besides the no delete all and having to empty the trash is an occasional duplication in my inbox when I delete a message.
    My settings are as follows:
    INCOMING
    username: username (without the verizon.net)
    password:
    POP3 server: incoming.verizon.net
    port: 110
    security type: NONE
    Delete email: Your choice here

OUTGOING
    SMTP Server: outgoing.verizon.net
    Port: 465
    Security: ssl/tls
    Require sign in is checked
    username: user without verizon.net
    password: normal sign on password

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  10. jackmydog

jackmydog New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Somewhat better..

I downloaded the Yahoo Mail app and it has made a big difference. Seem to be getting e-mail real time now.

Search tags for this page
connection error verizon droid
connection problem server verizon email motorola
email doesn't work on verizon phone
nexus 7 outgoing email problems with verizon webmail
samsung galaxy email doesn't work with verizon
samsung nexxus email probems
verizon droid outgoing mail problem

verizon email connection error

verizon mail nexus 4 problems
verizonemail.net