Verizon Drops The Axe! Will Disconnect Unlimited Data Users Using Extraordinary Amounts Of Data!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Re: UDP. Anyone still on UDP should be saying "Thank you, Verizon for allowing me to have it as long as you did". They could have ended ALL UDP plans back then and simply said "when your contract is over you must switch to some type of metered plan".

Re: 100GB? Anyone using that much I'm guessing doesn't pay for home internet. lol

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Re: UDP. Anyone still on UDP should be saying "Thank you, Verizon for allowing me to have it as long as you did". They could have ended ALL UDP plans back then and simply said "when your contract is over you must switch to some type of metered plan".

Re: 100GB? Anyone using that much I'm guessing doesn't pay for home internet. lol
This ^ is the be all, end all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
imagine that. another article how we will lose our unlimited, a bunch of posters that have believed these hyped up articles over the years and gave up their unlimited and now jump for joy everytime those of us that kept unlimited might lose it. Only to find out again that the posts were hyperbole and it turns out it will only effect those actually abusing the unlimited. Maybe there are a few actually using 100 gigs on the phone, not sure how they do it, maybe cast everything. But not a verizon apologist for sure but i think 100 gigs is a legit limit, better than the throttled around 20 gigs others are doing. So again this years hyperbole shows we get to keep our unlimited once again. will wait for next years, always fun.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Thanks and yes, we lost absolutely everything except my wife's jewelry which the firemen saved. I don't feel like a pity case but thanks just the same. We escaped without injury and other than my close pet, a 9 year old female cat named Bridget who I was unable to save we are physically unharmed.

sorry to hear about your fire. my uncle had same thing happen last year, and yeah its the family momento's pictures , hand me downs etc that cant be replaced , glad noone was hurt.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
sorry to hear about your fire. my uncle had same thing happen last year, and yeah its the family momento's pictures , hand me downs etc that cant be replaced , glad noone was hurt.
Thank you so much, and our heartfelt best wishes for your uncle and his family as well.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So again this years hyperbole shows we get to keep our unlimited once again. will wait for next years, always fun.

That has been my standard response, but you fooled me this time!

100GB is seriously a lot. If I tethered 24/7, I could probably go over 100GB....if I had no home internet OR cable.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That has been my standard response, but you fooled me this time!

100GB is seriously a lot. If I tethered 24/7, I could probably go over 100GB....if I had no home internet OR cable.
I could hit 100GB in a couple of days. I hit 2GB one night watching a Race on Youtube. Thought youtube did better at data optimization?

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't pay for your service. It's not offered anymore. You do feel entitled since you think you should keep something that's not offered anymore.

I'm not on a high horse. I really don't care. This doesn't effect me at all and seeing all the whining is funny. Soon all the "I'm leaving if they do this to me" talk will start. But in the end most will stay make the change.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Actually Verizon said "if you buy phones at retail", "if you don't make changes to your plan", "if you give us money every month" and starting last year it became $50/month, "you can keep unlimited data". To penalize someone for using what they pay for is criminal. They forced people onto unlimited plan if you wanted a smartphone years ago. The plan is still listed on my bill as "Unlimited". SO they are now saying that even if I stay within my TOS that I'm being abusive because I use the data I pay for?

This will wind up in front of the FCC. Just like the threat of throttling.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Actually Verizon said "if you buy phones at retail", "if you don't make changes to your plan", "if you give us money every month" and starting last year it became $50/month, "you can keep unlimited data". To penalize someone for using what they pay for is criminal. They forced people onto unlimited plan if you wanted a smartphone years ago. The plan is still listed on my bill as "Unlimited". SO they are now saying that even if I stay within my TOS that I'm being abusive because I use the data I pay for?

It doesn't matter if Verizon allowed you to buy a phone a full price or pay more a month. The moment the contract ended and month to month service started Verizon was not bound to keep that service active. Verizon is under no obligation to carry a discontinued plan on accounts that are no longer under contract.

It's very simple...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
To penalize someone for using what they pay for is criminal.

Criminal? Unless you're under contract with them they can do what they want. I'm sure anyone still under contract has nothing to worry about here but those on month to month are getting the boot. As has been stated... they fulfilled any contractual obligation when you were under contract, now on month to month they can stop service as they please with notice...and it sounds like there will be notice....30 days...which is what would be required.

This won't go to the FCC...or anyone else.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I could hit 100GB in a couple of days. I hit 2GB one night watching a Race on Youtube. Thought youtube did better at data optimization?

You hit 2 gb 1 night watching a race. do you use 2 gb every night. and youd still need 50 days in a month to hit 100gb.
Its not thats it impossible to do it, its that it is highly unlikely anyone using the phone within the TOS would use that much data. I use a lot on sundays during football season, but would not be able to use that much on a consistent basis.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You hit 2 gb 1 night watching a race. do you use 2 gb every night. and youd still need 50 days in a month to hit 100gb.
Its not thats it impossible to do it, its that it is highly unlikely anyone using the phone within the TOS would use that much data. I use a lot on sundays during football season, but would not be able to use that much on a consistent basis.
Lete rephrase. I hit 2gb in less than an hour watching my savage Ohio race.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Why were you watching on your phone? And using data?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nope because their new plans with uh oh protection cover the unlimited so technically they're still offering unlimited, just not unlimited at high speed .

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><