Verizon Drops The Axe! Will Disconnect Unlimited Data Users Using Extraordinary Amounts Of Data!

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I have never been throttled by TMo, even though they say the can, it has not happened to me.

I'm currently at 16.35GB and I use my phone as a want. Streaming, Netflix, Tethering, Torrent, etc.
Consider yourself lucky. I tried TMo for a month on 2 separate occasions and was throttled day 5.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Is it 200 gigs per line? Or 200 per plan? We are heavy data users because we have no other way of internet other than tethering or Hughes net. If this happens I guess we will bite the bullet and switch plans and just slow down the usage. Also, do they take your last 2 or 3 bills and check the data? These are all questions that probably don't have an answer. I don't know. I love having unlimited data but I pay out the wazoo for it.
It doesn't say. I think it's supposedly per UDP line, but many have been nailed at a lower rate. We live in the country and this is our only Internet just like you, so there's not much else I can do. If they take it away, it'll cost me well over $200 more per month to continue using VZW and that's with their 100GB plan, which we'd go over around day 25 normally.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sigh.....I suppose we can survive on 400 gig or less between our two UDP's. :) Since getting into the drone business last year, my data usage has skyrocketed. It was pretty high before, but using my S7E to fly my drone, uploading HD videos & pictures to YouTube, Dropbox & Drive in an effort to grow my business, as well as my YouTube channel, requires copious amounts of data.
Guess I'll have to start using my home WiFi to upload to the cloud moving forward.

S7 Edge tap'n