Verizon Droid X coming July 19th?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Jun 15, 2010.

1. techRob

techRob Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Loving the idea of multi-touch keyboard - then maybe i'll have less typos ;) ... I'm liking the idea of a front-face camera showin' up one of these days on a motoDroid (maybe the Pro if not the Droid 2?)

....what are the odds of a software update hitting first gen Droid's with multi-touch? or is that hardware a spcific thing?

2. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    lol I meant she.....

Just looking at the pics....yea this thing is huge. I just remembered I played with a HD2 at T Mobile recently. Width wise it wasnt a problem. I was imagining browsing the web on that thing, looking at videos, movies. For the X, length wise we shall see if its a problem.

3. joemustang

joemustang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That video from engaget is great, it shows just how fast that phone is. Having said that, the X is blazing fast and isn't even running Froyo yet. What is the point of having the 2GHz phone later in the year? I'm not complaining but I'm just wondering what we would use the 2ghz for, do we really need a 2ghz phone? The X is extremely fast to me. I'm positive I'm giving up my droid either for the droid 2 or something faster maybe the x if it doesn't feel too big. but Even OC to 1200 these new android phones are kicking the original OC droids butts.

4. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Probably you were thinking the same when the 100MHz phone was out , "Why would I need a 200 Mhz phone , this is fast enough "

5. lschmitt

lschmitt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I cant wait to see what the overclock will be on this puppy. I'm running my Droid @ 1100 mhz (1.1 Ghz). Stock the Droid processor is set to 550 Mhz, I can imagine that the Droid X will be overclocked to between 1.8-2.0 Ghz. It should be fast enough out of the box but ocing is the way to go :) Now if we had a 2.0 Ghz processor our phones would have more computing power than the majority of peoples laptops. Overclocking a 2.0 Ghz phone would be insanely over kill, IMO.

6. kristoff125

kristoff125 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, or OMAP is rated at 600, I think the one in the droid X is rated at 720 mhz...

7. lschmitt

lschmitt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think your right about the 600 Mhz, not sure where I got 550 from.

8. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Even if our processor is rated for 600, they under clocked it to 550 for end user.

That's most likely why you have the numbers you did.

9. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You said it right, someone else read it wrong. On stock, no overclocking we are clocked 550, even through the processor is rated 600. It was done to help with battery consumption.

10. Generalg

Generalg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just sold my Moto Droid yesterday to purchase this phone on launch day! It's "The Phone" I have been waiting for! But in the meantime I'm having to use a old BB Pearl.:icon_evil: July 19th can't get here soon enough!

Anyone know or read anywhere if the X will have Gorilla Glass? I sure hope so....

11. etx_droid

etx_droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2 weeks after you have the Droid "X", the Droid "XX" will come out and be the new phone you've been waiting for. That being said, it does look promising, but I'll wait until my contract is up and get the Droid "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" with a 15 inch screen, a 75 MP front, back, and side facing camera, a physical keyboard the size of a regular keyboard that conveniently folds back into the phone, and a quad core proc dancedroid

12. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    That phone was release this morning lol

Search tags for this page

kellex droid life

phone side facing camera