Verizon Droid X coming July 19th?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I think your right about the 600 Mhz, not sure where I got 550 from.

Even if our processor is rated for 600, they under clocked it to 550 for end user.

That's most likely why you have the numbers you did.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I think your right about the 600 Mhz, not sure where I got 550 from.

Even if our processor is rated for 600, they under clocked it to 550 for end user.

That's most likely why you have the numbers you did.

You said it right, someone else read it wrong. On stock, no overclocking we are clocked 550, even through the processor is rated 600. It was done to help with battery consumption.

Generalg

Reaction score
I just sold my Moto Droid yesterday to purchase this phone on launch day! It's "The Phone" I have been waiting for! But in the meantime I'm having to use a old BB Pearl.:icon_evil: July 19th can't get here soon enough!

Anyone know or read anywhere if the X will have Gorilla Glass? I sure hope so....

etx_droid

Reaction score
I just sold my Moto Droid yesterday to purchase this phone on launch day! It's "The Phone" I have been waiting for! .

2 weeks after you have the Droid "X", the Droid "XX" will come out and be the new phone you've been waiting for. That being said, it does look promising, but I'll wait until my contract is up and get the Droid "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" with a 15 inch screen, a 75 MP front, back, and side facing camera, a physical keyboard the size of a regular keyboard that conveniently folds back into the phone, and a quad core proc dancedroid

phatkat66

Reaction score
I just sold my Moto Droid yesterday to purchase this phone on launch day! It's "The Phone" I have been waiting for! .

2 weeks after you have the Droid "X", the Droid "XX" will come out and be the new phone you've been waiting for. That being said, it does look promising, but I'll wait until my contract is up and get the Droid "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" with a 15 inch screen, a 75 MP front, back, and side facing camera, a physical keyboard the size of a regular keyboard that conveniently folds back into the phone, and a quad core proc dancedroid

That phone was release this morning lol

Generalg

Reaction score

I guess I should wait till this phone arrives.

kristoff125

Reaction score
I couldn't imagine them not using gorilla glass, considering they put it on the original droid, and they made the screen bigger and took away the physical keyboard, so they're expecting it to get more abuse on the screen.

moopey

Reaction score
this phone is kind of making wish i didn't just lock in to a 2 year contract 2 weeks ago when i got the HTC Incredible. bummer.

kristoff125

Reaction score
this phone is kind of making wish i didn't just lock in to a 2 year contract 2 weeks ago when i got the HTC Incredible. bummer.

2 weeks ago is the key. you have 30 days to say you don't like the phone, return it, go back to dumb phone, pick up the inc in a month.

rwdfan

Reaction score
Has anyone put together a side by side comparison of the specs of the Droid, Droid X, and the Droid 2?

It would be great to compare them on a single page. I want to get a better handle of the differences between them.

It sounds like the Droid 2 may not be completely disclosed yet, but the chart would be very useful.

dwagner88

Reaction score
We now have 2 pieces of evidence pointing to this phone having a screen rez of 1280x720. The new verizon site:
Droid Does | The Next Generation of Does by Verizon Wireless

says it has a 720p screen. At first I thought that it meant 720p output via hdmi, but the earlier leaked commercial mentioned a 720dpi resolution. It isn't impossible for this thing to have a true 720p screen. Sony makes a point and shoot digicam with a 3.5 inch 720p screen.

dwagner88

Reaction score
We now have 2 pieces of evidence pointing to this phone having a screen rez of 1280x720. The new verizon site:
Droid Does | The Next Generation of Does by Verizon Wireless

says it has a 720p screen. At first I thought that it meant 720p output via hdmi, but the earlier leaked commercial mentioned a 720dpi resolution. It isn't impossible for this thing to have a true 720p screen. Sony makes a point and shoot digicam with a 3.5 inch 720p screen.

EDIT: It's been updated to say 720p capture, referring to the camera. How dumb can the marketing department be?