Verizon Droid X coming July 19th?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So...announcment might come around Fathers Day.....Someone was dead on about that date..lol

It wasnt me. Someone somewhere else....

kxs783kms

Reaction score
This is pretty awesome news.
Looks like I'll miss my 30 day window to take back my Incredible so I'll be rockin a Moto RAZR for about 15 days:laugh:
Anyone around here selling a used Droid?

Looking to get off of my Droid for $100. Got me a dumbphone to last me until the X is out.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will have the funds to throw away available by July.....I want the X, I'm gonna get the X, I'm gonna pay retail for the X and save my NE2 for the "2Ghz" phone or an LTE phone. (The "2Ghz" one might be an LTE phone for all we know. I still say its a chance we see an LTE phone from Verizon b4 next year...)

But I cant sell my baby....its been so good to me...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got to get me a job peviewing/reviewing technology.....I cant get to New York even if I was invited....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
TY TY TY TY for the info....

Preloaded with Swype?!?! Multi-touch keyboard!?! (I dont even know how that will help me.....LOL!!)

Did you see how he compared it to the EVO and the Inc.???

I.....am......definitely......getting this.....

bmxmike

Reaction score
Think I'm in the boat with alot of people gonna wait few months and then purchase one so it can be put through real world testing. Plus so development can happen and can't wait to see it OC'D :)

techRob

Reaction score
Loving the idea of multi-touch keyboard - then maybe i'll have less typos ;) ... I'm liking the idea of a front-face camera showin' up one of these days on a motoDroid (maybe the Pro if not the Droid 2?)

....what are the odds of a software update hitting first gen Droid's with multi-touch? or is that hardware a spcific thing?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
TY TY TY TY for the info....

Preloaded with Swype?!?! Multi-touch keyboard!?! (I dont even know how that will help me.....LOL!!)

Did you see how he compared it to the EVO and the Inc.???

I.....am......definitely......getting this.....

lol I meant she.....

Just looking at the pics....yea this thing is huge. I just remembered I played with a HD2 at T Mobile recently. Width wise it wasnt a problem. I was imagining browsing the web on that thing, looking at videos, movies. For the X, length wise we shall see if its a problem.

joemustang

Reaction score
That video from engaget is great, it shows just how fast that phone is. Having said that, the X is blazing fast and isn't even running Froyo yet. What is the point of having the 2GHz phone later in the year? I'm not complaining but I'm just wondering what we would use the 2ghz for, do we really need a 2ghz phone? The X is extremely fast to me. I'm positive I'm giving up my droid either for the droid 2 or something faster maybe the x if it doesn't feel too big. but Even OC to 1200 these new android phones are kicking the original OC droids butts.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Probably you were thinking the same when the 100MHz phone was out , "Why would I need a 200 Mhz phone , this is fast enough "

lschmitt

Reaction score
I cant wait to see what the overclock will be on this puppy. I'm running my Droid @ 1100 mhz (1.1 Ghz). Stock the Droid processor is set to 550 Mhz, I can imagine that the Droid X will be overclocked to between 1.8-2.0 Ghz. It should be fast enough out of the box but ocing is the way to go :) Now if we had a 2.0 Ghz processor our phones would have more computing power than the majority of peoples laptops. Overclocking a 2.0 Ghz phone would be insanely over kill, IMO.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Well, or OMAP is rated at 600, I think the one in the droid X is rated at 720 mhz...