1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Verizon Droid Milestone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Danielh35, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Danielh35

Danielh35 New Member

I have the original droid by Verizon and it is rooted with Super1Click. Update FRG83G has been rolled out to my phone and is asking me to update my phone every time I use it. I rooted my phone on it's current OS version 2.2.1

If I update will this brick my phone? What do you suggest. If Super1Click can re root the phone then its cool but I just wanted to ask before I proceed as I do not want a updated phone with limited phone access.

If not is there a way I can turn off these updates?
  2. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the forum. The update wont brick your phone but you may loose root. The update just fixes a few bugs. In my opinion its not worth it. As far as stopping the update notifications, try searching the forum or maybe someone will stop by that could help you further.
  3. skeptik

skeptik New Member

I know the update notification can be very annoying... I know with the Bugless Beast ROM there is a fix to kill that update. Guess you just need to look at want you want to do; custom ROM, leave stock w/ root? There is ROMs for the update, but for some, 2.2.1 is worth keeping.