Verizon Droid International Phone Service

David Jones

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Verizon is working on European phone service for the Motorola Droid? I'm going to Budapest in July and would love to take it with me.

lord_luapssor

Reaction score
I had the pretty much same question when I my Droid. But I wanted to know if it worked in Australia. From the answer the sales team gave me was if the country still uses CDMA then it should. But since a lot of countries outside of the US have all gone to GSM the Droid wont work.

I was also told that Verizon can give you a loaner phone for the trip and the only thing you pay for is the minutes that use over there. Might want to ask a Verizon agent for better details though.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the pretty much same question when I my Droid. But I wanted to know if it worked in Australia. From the answer the sales team gave me was if the country still uses CDMA then it should. But since a lot of countries outside of the US have all gone to GSM the Droid wont work.

I was also told that Verizon can give you a loaner phone for the trip and the only thing you pay for is the minutes that use over there. Might want to ask a Verizon agent for better details though.

This is consistent with the technology. The Droid is a CDMA world, and 99% of the countries outside the US use GSM, so you'll need a different phone.

bmkim

Reaction score

This is consistent with the technology. The Droid is a CDMA world, and 99% of the countries outside the US use GSM, so you'll need a different phone.

International Roaming

its not cheap