Verizon Droid DNA Android 4.4.2 OTA Rolling Out Now!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Droid DNA is now about a year and a half old, but it has not been forgotten by HTC! The sleek and sexy HTC Droid DNA was one of the coolest devices around when it was released back in November of 2012. It's hard to believe its been around that long! Today an OTA update was released bringing this device Android 4.4.2! It comes in the form of a two part update. The first being a quick update that prepares the device and the second is the full update bringing the device up to Kit Kat 4.4.2! You won't get any Sense 6.0 love here. You will have to settle for Sense 5.5, but there are other advantages here. There will be various bug fixes and more included although a full changelog has not been released. You can go to settings, software update to check for the update manually.

Briankbl

Reaction score
It's crazy that it's been that long since release and it's still just as powerful as pretty much all phones on the market today.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
My wife has one and it's a beast. The only thing stopping me from getting it was the size. That's why I didn't get the One (M7) either. I'm looking forward to seeing how KK improves the DNA.

Sent from my Moto X using Droid Forums

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I always thought this to be a beautiful phone. I wonder why HTC didn't give it at least 32 gigs of storage.

Sherry

Reaction score
Okay, this is weird. I went out checked for an update and got the quick update. I guess it is the first smaller one. I have continued to check for a second update as indicated but nothing showing. I am still registering V 4.2.2 and Sense 5. Anyone else having this problem?