Verizon Didn't Actually Push Marshmallow Out to All Droid Turbo 2 Owners (Until Now)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DROID-Turbo-2-abstract-background.jpg

Even though Verizon officially announced that Android 6.0 Marshmallow was rolling out to their Motorola Droid Turbo 2 devices, apparently, that didn't mean "all" Droid Turbo 2 owners. For some reason, Big Red did not push the OTA out to every Droid Turbo 2. In fact, just yesterday they "re-announced" the deployment of the OS update for the Droid Turbo 2.

The versions of the update which are possible for the two different revisions of the Droid Turbo 2 are: SU1A: 23.31.24.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US or SU1.75B: 24.14.12.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US. No explanation was given on why this has been the slowest rollout of an OS update ever, but at least they let people know that they weren't forgotten.

For further discussion on the Droid Turbo 2 here is our dedicated section: Motorola DROID Turbo 2

Source: Google+

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that there were some issues found with the first 6.0 roll out (23.31.24) so it was halted for a short time and has now started again with the newer system version (24.14.12). Some folks were able to get 6.0 via the Verizon SUA tool during that time, but not via OTA. Hopefully all the bugs are cleared up and everyone's Turbo 2 is running smooth on 6.0 Marshmallow!

JDH

Reaction score
My Droid Turbo was promised M but fooled again.

Jaexyr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I got Marshmallow, maybe 2 months ago. Yesterday, I got this smaller update, which looked like a new build.
Didn't see any changelog or anything. However..... Today, I noticed my battery was in the red. I plugged in the Turbocharger, and it wouldn't turbocharge, but for seconds at a time. With the phone off, it would go through a loop of vibrating, charging and turbocharging.... It reached 15%, and Turbocharged just fine.... very odd

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I got Marshmallow, maybe 2 months ago. Yesterday, I got this smaller update, which looked like a new build.
Didn't see any changelog or anything. However..... Today, I noticed my battery was in the red. I plugged in the Turbocharger, and it wouldn't turbocharge, but for seconds at a time. With the phone off, it would go through a loop of vibrating, charging and turbocharging.... It reached 15%, and Turbocharged just fine.... very odd
There have been some reports of that on the Moto Forum, and is one rumored reason why the update was halted. Rumored reason, I am not an official source. My post here has info about what I did to get Turbo Charging working again after the .12 system update.

New update?
New update?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I read this..and poof..my phone starts pulling something down...I hope it's a bit more stable..just small nit picky things...like a small lag coming out of some factory apps...stupid stuff like that...hope i don't have to download over Wi-Fi... Grrr

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And with it ..another 50 gig (Sarcasm) update from Facebook and others like chrome..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I read this..and poof..my phone starts pulling something down...I hope it's a bit more stable..just small nit picky things...like a small lag coming out of some factory apps...stupid stuff like that...hope i don't have to download over Wi-Fi... Grrr
Well yes, it's Wi-Fi only for this download.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There have been some reports of that on the Moto Forum, and is one rumored reason why the update was halted. Rumored reason, I am not an official source. My post here has info about what I did to get Turbo Charging working again after the .12 system update.

New update?
New update?

I can confirm that the main reason for the halting and restarting of the update WAS that the charging system was failing. I experienced this because mine originality updated weeks ago, but then stopped charging properly and eventually I got to the famed green light of death on two occasions.

I'm now sporting a factory refurbished replacement. I'm actually happy since my son dropped my phone a couple times and the aluminum frame was dented. The new one is pristine. Also he scratched the glass screen protector. Verizon replaced the screen protector for free as a part of the refurbished phone replacement so now I'm sporting a beautiful screen and no dents or scratches.

The update came to me for the refurbished phone on the 20th, which I was told by technical support was the official re-release date. I was not aware of today being another official release date however my wife's phone got the update pushed to her this afternoon so there may be some truth in both.