Solved Verizon customers get up to 2GB free data for using Android Pay

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've used it quite a bit, considering how few places here take it.

You unlock the phone & two it to the terminal & it initiates the payment. If your phone is already unlocked, you have to enter your pin or use your fingerprint, so better to start with it off.

You also setup a pin for Android pay & have to enter that on the terminal because it essentially creates a virtual card with its own number & pin code that the machine reads.

Sent from my Moto Z
So that's why it was different for me, probably had nothing to do with different stores. Screen locked vs unlocked...didn't know that.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I figured it out the hard way & then my hands were sweaty because I was nervous about looking like an idiot & I had the Note 4 at the time with its sub-par (compared to today's phones) fingerprint reader that kept telling me to wipe my finger & the sensor & then I blanked on my PIN.

Just unlock with right before you go to tap it. Trust me.

Now, the girls at Subway think I'm a wizard. They literally called people over the last few times to see me do it.

Sent from my Moto Z

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OK.. So I guess I'll get the Android pay app and try it out..I have Verizon and only 3g data so I can use the extra data that they give for trying it..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
When this initially happened, you could use other people's codes. Might be worth it to talk a friend or two into giving it a try & giving you their code if they don't care.

I got an extra GB thanks to a friend with a UDP.

Sent from my Moto Z

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, I have a UDP, but I also have a son with a 2 GB plan so I'd benefit from this.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No problem, you are welcome. It still might be worth while to setup Android Pay and try it once...see if you like it. Then keep your eye out for future promotions like this. You can add promotions like this within the Android Pay app, when they become available.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No problem, you are welcome. It still might be worth while to setup Android Pay and try it once...see if you like it. Then keep your eye out for future promotions like this. You can add promotions like this within the Android Pay app, when they become available.

That's a good idea... So that I don't forget all about it!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk