Verizon Customer Care Email

iGrizz

Reaction score
Ok I emailed Customer Care about my second Thunderbolt refusing to work like my first one. I am on my way to having a third Thunderbolt sent to me but I figured I would see if there was anything else Verizon could do to ease my pain. Figured it couldn't hurt to try an alternative solution.

Here is what I received...

NOTE: I would like to point out step 4 in regards to safe mode. Let me remind you I own a THUNDERBOLT.

My name is Joel, and I welcome the opportunity to help you with addressing the freezing and other concerns occurring on your handset. I know that this can be an annoyance and I'm happy to help resolve it for you. The Thunderbolt is a great phone. I use it myself. Often times, when a smartphone like the Thunderbolt freezes unexpectedly, it is due to an incompatible or malicious third party application that has been downloaded to the phone. In many instances, you have the opportunity to identify if this is the cause of the issue and remove the handset by operating it in Safe Mode. If the device runs normally in safe mode, then the root cause is most likely caused by a 3rd party application downloaded.

To determine which application or file is causing the conflict, you will want to remove them and add them back one at a time (using your device prior to adding the next application). You can also visit the Android Market website to sign in and view your application history, as well as review other customers' feedback and experiences with the applications

Please follow these steps to run your handset is Safe Mode:

1. Press and hold the Power button.

2. Select Power off.

3. Press and hold the Power button.

4. When the Motorola Logo appears on the screen, press and hold the Menu button.

5. Hold the Menu button until Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the home screen.

This may take up to 30 seconds.

6. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.

7. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.

8. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Disabling Safe mode

1. Press and hold the Power button.

2. Select Power off.

If the issue persists after following the instructions above, please contact our Customer Service Department at 800-922-0204 from an alternate phone to speak with a representative who will walk you through step-by-step instructions to troubleshoot the issue. Please have your wireless phone fully charged and available when you call.

Additionally, Verizon Wireless offers free classes in different areas across the country that can assist you in learning how to optimize the Thunderbolt and its features for your benefit. You may sign up for a workshop in your area pertaining to your device by visiting the Verizon Wireless website below:

If you would still like to review options for replacing the phone, you do have the option to purchase any handset of your choice. However, as this would be outside the bounds of your HTC warranty, you would be billed the full retail for the phone you choose. The full retail for the devices mentioned in your email are each $649.00 whether purchased through Verizon Wireless or the device manufacturers.

Thank you for your email regarding the options for managing or replacing your Thunderbolt. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. Happy holidays.

OP
I

iGrizz

Reaction score
Lol yeah I'm not knocking Verizon. They have great customer service and their mobile service is outstanding. This seem to be a generic email they send out but they made a typo.

Kinda bummed that they don't want to let me upgrade. I'll just have them send me another thunderbolt. I'll just root the next one to try and fix any problems it will have.

rbw62

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd one, but so far its great, but it won't update.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Chukee

Reaction score
Don't surprise me. I have been through seven but I never requested an upgrade since I do like the thunderbolt. I just wanted one that worked with no issues. The one I got now I have enjoyed with no issues at all.

robert70

Reaction score
If you get just a little cranky with them, especially after the third one, you can get them to send you a totally differant phone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Rhino94

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd one, but so far its great, but it won't update.

My replacement won't update either, did you find a solution to this?

OP
I

iGrizz

Reaction score
I am on my 5th Thunderbolt right now. Only complaint is a slightly recessed power button. However I rooted it and flashed BAMF Skyraider Zeus on it and oh my god the difference it made! My data connectivity has increased significantly and my battery life has quadrupled!

This is the stock 1400 mah battery too. Curious how long my 2750 mah battery will last...

ae661cec-02d8-74b5.jpg