Verizon Confirms Second Android 2.2 Update Coming for Motorola Droid.

mattg1

Reaction score
LOL Didn't mean to touch a nerve I just think in my opinion the UI's should be an option. Sense is not as bad as blur but still, flash is an after thought for me anyway's tried it meh might be better when it's final but I could live without it. In all honesty tho with the EVO already running 2.2 I don't see what the hold up on the DI is.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I completely agree that I think they should have made it optional on all of the handsets. You've got a great point with that. You mentioned EVO having the rollout. Actually, that was pulled and the official just began again a couple of days ago. It had been off for a significant time.

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
I'm over it... my phone works great the way it is. I'm going to be pissed when this update f*cks it up.

mattg1

Reaction score
I completely agree that I think they should have made it optional on all of the handsets. You've got a great point with that. You mentioned EVO having the rollout. Actually, that was pulled and the official just began again a couple of days ago. It had been off for a significant time.

Oh really didn't know it was pulled as well I've been here watching our update lol, I know my friend got the OTA on his evo last week he hasn't had any issue's.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Oh really didn't know it was pulled as well I've been here watching our update lol, I know my friend got the OTA on his evo last week he hasn't had any issue's.

I'm not sure exactly what happened with it but there were some conflicts with the operation. That was what had messed with the rollout and I suspect why Verizon took longer.

Boat

Reaction score
OK, yesterday morning my daughter texts me to gloat about getting Froyo OTA. She also got 2.1 before me even though I got my Droid week one and I gave her hers for graduation in Dec.
Today I took mine to Big Red as I was having a problem even after a factory reset. During their bench testing I browsed the store and played with Droid 2. Long story short I'm getting a replacement for my Droid which is going to wifey and I bought the D2 getting a discount for extending my internet air card contract.
I'm digging stock Froyo scoring 1284 on the Quadrant full benchmark, enjoying 7 homepages, pre-loaded Swype and everything it's been touted to be, except of course, no flash yet but that's Adobe's issue.
BTW everyone in the store confirmed you'll all be getting the OTA shortly.
The build:
Android 2.2
Baseband version: BP_C01.09.05P
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g59f0395

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think he just suggested search because there are several threads on it, maybe one would be more specific to what he was looking for..

I kind of know what you're getting at, but sometimes, when you do a search for such a popular topic, you end up getting too many results; sometimes with alot of conflicting information. To us, the initiated, we know exactly what is good info, and what is B.S. - but I can see where a search could lead to more confusion for someone new to the whole scene.

Just my humble opinion, but the search is infinitely more useful when you actually know exactly what you're searching for.

I will shut up now, i've derailed the thread enough........

lairam

Reaction score
Quick question, is there a way to download activex program to sd card and be able to use it to view security system? I'm not too computer knowledgable and would like to know if this will be possible, thank you.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quick question, is there a way to download activex program to sd card and be able to use it to view security system? I'm not too computer knowledgable and would like to know if this will be possible, thank you.

Simple answer is no. Activex is a Microsoft technology, you're not going to see it on a Google device running a Linux-based OS. Yet another disadvantage of Microsoft proprietary technologies.

Tomoid

Reaction score

If your cameras are able to be view over the internet than check out an app called "IP Cam Viewer". It supports a large selection of cameras and security systems. I use it and it works GREAT.

lairam

Reaction score
I downloaded that a few months ago but can't get past "activex failed to load". On my home computer I allow the plug in and I'm all set. Any suggestions? Thank you

sranger

Reaction score
I ran the leaked FRG22 rom at 800mhz for a week. It did NOT run the beta versio of flash 10.1 any better than the FRG01b ROM did.....

Hopfully, this new ROM will fix the horrible streaming audio quality stagefright caused....