Verizon Confirms Second Android 2.2 Update Coming for Motorola Droid.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flash or flash showcase?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I've always been of the opinion that if a "newb" asks a question, even if it's been answered before, if someone has a helpful answer it makes for much more pleasant reading than a bunch of "use search n00bz" posts.

I consider myself a pretty advanced user of all things technology, and I myself find that most forum searches are somewhat lacking when it comes to finding info.

There is the trick to search a particular site for particular search terms using Google, but not everyone knows how to do that.

Shadez is correct. There are an unbelievable amount of threads to keep up with on here. If everyone just posted straight off questions without searching, it would clutter up the system more than you would imagine. With more than 100,000 members and growing, we have to try to keep things in line and threads on track. For example, look how many 2.2 threads still are online and those have been significantly thinned.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Martin/phreak - are y'all seeing actual flash or flash showcase? And what build are you running Martin?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

IanG

Reaction score
I can't find flash in the market and I'm running frg22 with the market fix.

People that seem to be seeing it are rooted I think.

If you read around, I don't believe Flash will be released until August 18th.

kennydied23

Reaction score
I'm running the latest cyanogenmod nightly and I can see Flash 10.1 beta 3 in the market. I think this rom is FRG91 though.

mattg1

Reaction score
I'm running the latest cyanogenmod nightly and I can see Flash 10.1 beta 3 in the market. I think this rom is FRG91 though.

Cyanogen is built from source, I believe the gapps zip you install with it are from the nexus 1 that's why flash shows up.

souljerr

Reaction score
Not only is all of this talk about updates coming then not coming, different versions coming then not coming - confusing. It's giving me a headache. :wacko:

markwebb

Reaction score
And all of this for a device that is at it's EOL, what about the rest of us non D1 users?

Perhaps the Droid 1 comes first because it was the first out. Perhaps the Droid 1 comes first because more people have it than the Inc or the X. Most likely it is both of them. So what if it is at EOL, it has the largest base. Besides, it is just at the beginning of life for a lot of users. I guess the rest will just have to wait their turn. Yawn.

Exactly. VZW is still supporting it and that is a wonderful thing!

I have a rooted Droid with 2.2: it's like having a new phone and it will more than suffice for me for at least another year.

It is blazing fast thanks to Froyo and OC kernel, it has themes I can change on a whim, it has Flash, it has a 32 GB sd (I upgraded) but importantly, IT IS A GREAT PHONE...did we forget that? I still make excellent quality calls.

Droid 1 may be EOL, but it isn't dead after all. Still going strong...no need to upgrade for awhile.

mattg1

Reaction score
The droid is EOL only because the droid 2 is out, not because it is inferior in fact I prefer it to any of the other phone's except maybe the nexus 1, the DI and DX have to wait for 2.2 because they have the (cough useless) UI skins. Verizon know's who put them on the android map dancedroid

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
The droid is EOL only because the droid 2 is out, not because it is inferior in fact I prefer it to any of the other phone's except maybe the nexus 1, the DI and DX have to wait for 2.2 because they have the (cough useless) UI skins. Verizon know's who put them on the android map dancedroid

Just because you don't like it does not make it useless, thank you.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
DI=Useless. DX=misguided

I will say this now. Remarks like this will start arguments on here. There is no call for that. Even in humor, humor does not carry across the internet. Each person has their specific phone for a specific reason. Do not antagonize. I am quite serious that I, and the other moderators and admin, watch closely for posts that look like they are baiting. Please refrain.