Verizon Confirms iPhone 4, $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, Mobile Hotspot Included...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also, I can not register on your iPhoneForums.net because of the key verification. Look below:

Try reentering the key if you still have problems let me know.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its 3g this is going to bog down the already android heavy 3g. Oh we'll im jumping to 4g asap come on Verizon release the bionic

Might thoughts exactly... especially the first month or so after release, network will be horrible

They said they are more than certain this will not bog down the 3g network at all and will avoid the att fiasco that happened, so no worries at all.

What did you expect them to say??
"We know the extra users/traffic is going to have a negative impact across the network but hey you (iPhone users) dealt with it on AT&T"

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

leaks suggested that the Verizon iPhone would have have slightly relocated buttons, and it's true -- as you can see in the photo above, the newly revised CDMA antenna notch has pushed the volume and mute controls down a hair from GSM version. That means a lot of cases -- Apple's current bumpers included -- won't fit properly on the Verizon version, although many third-party cases feature an open slot for the buttons that might still work. Either way, we'd bet Apple and third-party manufacturers are scrambling to have compatible cases in stores before the February 10th launch date -- just make sure to check yours first if you're switching from AT&T.

engadget

Jordan8

Reaction score

Rhino413

Reaction score
in all this crazy news about the IPHONE this and IPHONE that and Verizon versus AT&T

no one has commented on what this will do to Sprint..

can they survive the android and now two fronted IPHONE onslaught.

and granted the Iphone 4 is 3g apple is bound to release a two 4g phones one for AT&T and one for Verizon

can sprint survive on cheap plans alone.

Varking

Reaction score
Its 3g this is going to bog down the already android heavy 3g. Oh we'll im jumping to 4g asap come on Verizon release the bionic

Might thoughts exactly... especially the first month or so after release, network will be horrible

They said they are more than certain this will not bog down the 3g network at all and will avoid the att fiasco that happened, so no worries at all.

What did you expect them to say??
"We know the extra users/traffic is going to have a negative impact across the network but hey you (iPhone users) dealt with it on AT&T"
Just read this as they talk about how they have expanded the network for this:

*11:14AM "I want to spend a minute on how robust our network is. We have designed this network for customers to have an optimum experience. We have been drive testing this on our network. We're now into the thousands of devices, and we could not be more pleased."

So they have been using iPhones on our network for some time.

*11:15AM "iPhone 4 is going to run on our network... network capacity -- we have advanced the capacity and built margin into it. We're ready for this launch." Boy, they really want us to know that they're ready. He seems to be emphasizing that the new customers will not hit the network and create the kind of situation AT&T has right now.

So they have advanced the capacity of the network and built margin into it.

*11:16AM "Our iPhone 4 customers will get a terrific wireless experience. So what happens next?"

Sounds beyond confident to me.

neubanks89

Reaction score
sorry android world, but I have to say I will only be with you for one more month, time for a nice polished OS.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok will get with the admin

Rhino413

Reaction score
sorry android world, but I have to say I will only be with you for one more month, time for a nice polished OS.

Toodles my friend. but you will be disappointed in the end after the shock and awe of the tiny screen and quasi chrome exterior. you will find that the OS is no more polished than android and is no more capable than android. oh and did I forget to mention you will miss FLASH as the iphone has none. and verizon announced the iphone at the same time as telling its customers you cant get upgrades for 20 months now. so have fun being stuck on a already old phone.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Shadez, Your post has some incorrect information. The iPhone that is being made available will not take advantage of LTE. The Q and A part of the announcement revealed that LTE would have required farther adjustments and they weren't prepared to change the device that much. 4G data (LTE) is not capable on Verizon's 4th Generation iPhone...It runs off of Ev-DO (3G) Just to clarify.

ipawd1

Reaction score
I'm sorry... An iphone on verizon is going backwards.

CDMA, no 4g, 5 mp camera..

That's like cheating on the good looking Kardashian with the Pugsly Addams looking one.

Status
Not open for further replies.