Verizon Confirms iPhone 4, $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, Mobile Hotspot Included...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will this iPhone4 have the same antenna problem as the AT&T counterpart?

"The new design has moved the antenna break position from the top to the sides of the device. The change may simply be to accommodate CDMA's different communication frequency rather than address the antenna issue from the original design"

Frequency issue my behind.

Apple knew the antenna placement was bad... this was just a free pass to relocate it.

Reaction score
So is Apple allowing Verizon to have the iPhone because they noticed their market share dropping and Androids rising?

sgtmorph

Reaction score
So is Apple allowing Verizon to have the iPhone because they noticed their market share dropping and Androids rising?

highly doubt it.....apple simply responded to a demand that they werent able to fulfill until the at&t contract was up.

people have wanted an iphone on verizon for years...

Crazywhitie

Reaction score
I'll stick with Android, My Droid X blows Iphone away. and so will the Bionic.. Also a new iphone is coming in June

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Sorry guys, the email arrived shortly after I posted, it provides yet another link get ready for your iPhone. Takes you to Verizon instruction page on how to prepare your phone, contacts, accounts, emails, etc. They still haven't told me how much it's going to cost ..
And from the FAQ on the Verizon site:
Pricing

Are there minimum service and data pricing requirements?
Yes, iPhone customers will need to choose from any of the current Nationwide plans. Customers will also be required to activate a data package, pricing will be announced at a later date.

if the data plan pricing will be the same as it is for other smartphones, why not just say it now? Why are they waiting to announce it at a later date?

PACanesFan

Reaction score
No early upgrade deal. I heard some internet rumors there was going to be one. No iPhone for me then.

If anyone has been to the VZW site, there are no longer any references to the Android brand. The phones are buried in sub-menus.

Jahmakan

Reaction score
I wonder if T-Mobile commercials will also blast VZW for thier "weak network" because "their iPhone" cannot FaceTime over their 3G network? Hmmmmmm...

Jahmakan

Reaction score
I wonder if T-Mobile commercials will also blast VZW for thier "weak network" because "their iPhone" cannot FaceTime over their 3G network? Hmmmmmm...

This is becoming a moot point. Skype video chat works over 3G on Iphone.

Oh, it HAS BEEN a moot point to me from day one, but that didn't stop people from criticizing At&t for it. Notice I didn't say, you cannot "video chat over 3G"? The fact is, it is portrayed as this FaceTime over WiFi "limitation" is somehow At&t's fault, hence my question/post.

thedefectkid

Reaction score
Im wondering if the Vphone will still experience the death grip. HAHA I dont gotta put a cover on my droid to make phone calls...just sayin'

VilleMatic

Reaction score
No early upgrade deal. I heard some internet rumors there was going to be one. No iPhone for me then.

If anyone has been to the VZW site, there are no longer any references to the Android brand. The phones are buried in sub-menus.

Verizon usually has really good promotional deals after a month or so. My brother recently picked up a BOGO deal on the Fascinate.

valetudo025

Reaction score

Verizon usually has really good promotional deals after a month or so. My brother recently picked up a BOGO deal on the Fascinate.

yeah, but then your stuck with a fascinate...:)

RyanPm40

Reaction score
What I love is that Steve Job's was saying they couldn't fix the antenna problem because it was physically impossible... of course it was in order to save his ass... And now he's shown that it could be fixed.. Gonna be alot of angry people at AT&T.

Status
Not open for further replies.