Verizon commercials

TheDig

Reaction score
What is with all the latest Verizon commercials? They don't tell you anything about the phone. Its all some stupid action sequence followed by an equally as stupid tagline.

You see an iPhone commercial and it brags about one of the "ground breaking"features of the device.

I realize its all about building hype but its time to find a new marketing firm that focuses on the device rather than some fictional character.

Sorry for the rant but I just saw another razr commercial that didn't say squat about the phone.../end rant

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Jonas

Reaction score
Are you referring to that commercial where everything is getting cut in half, and you are like whats going on? The reason they do this is you don't have a clue whats going on, and you have a human urge to find out. So naturally it's in the back of your mind now, and when you drive by the Verizon store, you think about everything getting cut in half, and you wanna go see what thats all about. And then BOOM, mission accomplished, you are in the store, and Verizon has gained a potential customer. Or you run to your computer after the commercial, and Google that phone, and then you get sent to Verizon's website, and they have accomplished their goal then too.

OP
T

TheDig

Reaction score
I realize that's why they do it, just bugs the crap out of me.

This one was some secret agent you're of guy that steals the phone out of an armored truck.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Heywood

Reaction score
Are you referring to that commercial where everything is getting cut in half, and you are like whats going on?

...lol....first time I saw that RAZR commercial I though it was for a new video game about to hit shelves

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah Verizon commercials are more for eye candy than actually promoting the phone, imo. They're cool commercials, but once you see what phone promoting, you wonder what any of that had to do with the phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just saw that secret agent commercial, why? LOL!

Makes absolutely no sense, but it was a good commercial. Point of commercials are to draw interest/sell a product, and here I am posting about it cause it has to do with the Razr;)

Dilligaf

Reaction score
The first time I saw that Razr commercial, I thought a remake of "Goldfinger" was coming out. Oddjob!!