Verizon Commercial

Porkweasel

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the Verizon commercial with the rotating Fascinate? At the end of the commercial it clearly states BUY ONE, get ANY other phone for free. It rotates through Blackberry's and other Droid's as well.

I contacted VZW to take advantage of this promotion but they have NO knowledge of it.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw this commercial...

THANKS!

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I saw it, and I saw it said droids too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Porkweasel

Porkweasel

Reaction score
I called VZW and they have NO knowledge of it. If anyone can find the video ad online it would be a huge help. That's the only way they'll honor the promotion. So frustrated...

phoenix927

Reaction score
Where are you trying to get it at? This deal is going on at the retail stores. Sometimes online is not running the same promotions.

Go to a company owned retail store and you should be good. Just make sure you dont go to an authorized dealer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Porkweasel

Porkweasel

Reaction score
It's not on there anymore. Just the BUY ONE GET ONE for the Fascinate only.

OP
Porkweasel

Porkweasel

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the DX two weeks ago and gave my wife my old Droid(1). I see the ad on TV and and I figure I can get my wife the Fascinate and keep my DX for myself. I may have to just hit a retial outlet to see what they can do. If I just had a video of that ad I would be golden!

JollyRoger

Reaction score
Where are you trying to get it at? This deal is going on at the retail stores. Sometimes online is not running the same promotions.

Go to a company owned retail store and you should be good. Just make sure you dont go to an authorized dealer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This. Try going to a full Verizon store, not a dealer. Also, YouTube is the king of finding commercials. It is blocked here otherwise I would look and post a link for you.

OP
Porkweasel

Porkweasel

Reaction score
Tried the VZ Youtube page but it just advertises the phone and nothing about their current promotions....not even the BOGO on the Fascinate....GRRR...

eswilliams74

Reaction score
Actually, I just called Verizon and ordered the Fascinate for my wife and they did indeed give me a Droid X for free (which is the one I wanted all along).

When you call, you pay full price and they send you the mail-in-rebates when you get the phones. So, end of the day, my wife was due for an upgrade and I paid $199 for her phone and the Droid X was free.

OP
Porkweasel

Porkweasel

Reaction score
That is EXACTLY what I tried to accomplish but I was told that there was NO such promotion. Basically they treated me as if I was crazy and that the commercial I saw never existed. I am going to try again. Quite angry that this isn't an easy fix...

Thanks for the reply!

Discover

Reaction score
alright my friend.. i just saw the commercial and i recorded it for you.. uploading to youtube now link coming soon.

[video=youtube;Vu66d3zy7Y0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu66d3zy7Y0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu66d3zy7Y0[/video]

good luck with big red.

OP
Porkweasel

Porkweasel

Reaction score
Awesome job Discover! I went to a retail outlet yesterday and got the Fascinate and a Droid X for free...JUST AS ADVERTISED! I'm going to call back to Verizon today and the ignorant woman who refused to help me (since I got her direct line) and send her a link to the video clip. I want her to watch it while I'm on the phone with her so I can hear her fall all over herself apologizing for treating me like I was a moron yesterday.

Thanks again. Revenge will be sweet!