Verizon Changes Data Plans again

Beardface

Reaction score
I'm sorry... at this point, if you stay with Verizon and pay their $40 a month data plan plus whatever you need for calls and texts you're just plain stupid. You're looking at a monthly bill over $100 for the same services that Sprint gives you for about half the price.

Verizon has completely priced me out. It makes no financial sense to stay with them anymore. Time to dump them and head over to Sprint and just get the EVO-2 or whatever is available when my plan is up.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course they are going to charge more for 4G - the question is how much more ?

But do you have to get a 4g plan just because you have a 4g phone? That's what I'm wondering.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course they are going to charge more for 4G - the question is how much more ?

But do you have to get a 4g plan just because you have a 4g phone? That's what I'm wondering.

Probably not - they will be 3 and 4G capable -

GB D1

Yeah I hope that's the case. I don't need 4g, it's more novelty for me then useful. If I can get a bionic without changing my plan that would be fine with me

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Probably not - they will be 3 and 4G capable -

GB D1

Yeah I hope that's the case. I don't need 4g, it's more novelty for me then useful. If I can get a bionic without changing my plan that would be fine with me

That is what I want to do. LTE wont be avail in my area until mid 2012

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xmguy

Reaction score
I have a friend that has the $15 data plan. Will people that already have the plan be grandfathered in?

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
Sprint is half the cost because its half the service. Remember you get what you pay for. The "4g" that Sprint and Tmobile talk of is a quick fix jerry rig 4g. LTE is THE best and for real 4g available. Do your research before making hasty decisions. These are all rumors and leaks that are always subject to change at the flip of a coin. As long as you stay with your current contract, your contract cannot be touched. If 4g is not going to be near you for a while, then sit tight. The plans will change by the time 4g hits your area of coverage. It will all come out in the wash. Remember this is all a service and luxury you decide to pay for. Cheers!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love it, the pricing is for 3G, someone predicts 4G will be $39.99 and everyone is leaving to go to Sprint. Got a good chuckle before going to bed anyway. YHWHSOZO you're absolutely right.

As for the other comments, if you're on a $15 plan, you'll be grandfathered until you change the plan.

For the disclaimer the $29.99 or higher means those with the BES on their BB which is $44.99.

edbdroid

Reaction score
Voice of reason!

As for the other comments, if you're on a $15 plan, you'll be grandfathered until you change the plan. .

Just like the no-longer offered "unlimited" mobile broadband plan, you can keep it as long as you want until you decide to switch to another plan.

Changing devices does not, at this point, cause you to change your plan, unless that plan is not compatible with your device. So, to all us "unlimited" plan owners, even when we updated to a mifi and can now connect multiple devices simultaneously, there is no overage for going over 5GB.

If you have a plan you like, KEEP IT. You are not forced to switch to a different plan in most cases, so don't let someone else lie to you and affect your decision. That includes salespeople looking for a commission, and more prevalent, intarwebz trolls who have either a) no clue, b) an anger because they don't have what you do, or c) both.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I love it, the pricing is for 3G, someone predicts 4G will be $39.99 and everyone is leaving to go to Sprint. Got a good chuckle before going to bed anyway. YHWHSOZO you're absolutely right.

As for the other comments, if you're on a $15 plan, you'll be grandfathered until you change the plan.

For the disclaimer the $29.99 or higher means those with the BES on their BB which is $44.99.

Thx for getting back to me about it.

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

Kag Pirate

Reaction score

+1 to both of you, I also was going come on people 39.99 was just an toss out number........... Also look at the Sprint 4g cover area not so great.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I have two co-workers that own Evo 4G phones and both of them tell me that they were forced to pay an additional $10 fee for the 4G service, although it isn't available where they live.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
The fact that the Droid Bionic and future phones will be 3G/4G compatible doesn't mean that VZW will let us have a 3G plan with a 4G capable phone. All that means is that the phone will utilize 4G whenever possible and will fall back on 3G when 4G isn't available. I just don't see VZW doing things too much differently than Sprint.

estilo

Reaction score
They know people will pay the $30 for the Iphone, and their focus has shifted to that. Just business, I guess.