Verizon CEO confirms Pursuit of IPHONE

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by armeddroid, Apr 6, 2010.

1. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    For those who give a damn. lol
    Verizon CEO Confirms Pursuit of iPhone - CBS News

(CBS/AP) Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg says the company has told Apple that it wants to carry the iPhone. But he declined to say when - or even if - the popular smart phone will be available for Verizon Wireless customers.

In remarks Tuesday before the Council on Foreign Relations, Seidenberg cited a recent Wall Street Journal report that said Apple is working on a version of the iPhone that would be compatible with Verizon's network.

But he did not confirm the report or give any further details Tuesday.

AT&T Inc. has exclusive rights to the iPhone in the United States. The company has been silent about the reports on the new iPhone model.

Apple is expected to announce details on a new iPhone operating system Thursday in Cupertino, Calif.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2010
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +30
    yea idk how many people care about the iphone on an android forum lolzzzz

3. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    True that. But there is alot of converts from ATT/IPHONE and alot of people curious about getting an IPHONE if it comes to Verizon. So..i thought i mentioned it .
    And with the news of IPHONE 4.0 Announcement coming this Thursday. I thought people might wanna know.

And thanks BnB for the fix.

4. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +30
    yea but still i dont know how many people are gonna go back to the iphone on THIS forum. and 4.0? whoa thats a big deal. wonder if theyre getting live wallpapers too :)

5. sc4fpse

sc4fpse Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love how he mentioned that the Verizon network could support the iPhone. Jab at AT&T if I've ever seen it. XD

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see what happens. We've definitely got a few people on this forum who would bail on Android in a second. I'd love to get rid of the posers and have nothing but the die hard Android community. :)

6. steveninspokane

steveninspokane Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Well, Appwise iPhone is still the leader, their games are incredible compared to the weak games we have on the droid.

I doubt I would ever switch to the fanboy phone, but it would be nice if we could get some good 3d games, err I said good.

7. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Granted there will be a few who will drop the Android platform and go the iPhone route. The biggest thing will be the people that leave AT&T and go to Verizon's iPhone if it happens. That is the reason Verizon wants it.

As for the apps. The ones on Android are fine and there is always more and better every day. The games, meh. Seriously if I wanted to game I wouldn't have bought a phone. PSP and DS come to mind.

8. NVash

NVash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats the thing, every time I try to game on my phone I realize Im just a phone or txt away from everything jacking up, not to mention the fact that it kills your battery. It would suck if I was on a bus gaming, my battery died and I ended up lost somewhere. Sure, that probably wont happen but you never know. So I keep my gaming on my phone to a minimum.

BUT if the iPhone came to Verizon I might pick one up. Ive wanted one forever and a day.

9. Sitruss

Sitruss Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I keep my iPod touch with me for gaming. The app selection is unparalleled and the UI is so friggin smooth.

10. brunette_sculpture_69

brunette_sculpture_69 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wouldn't ya know... just as I buy the droid, the iphone comes to Verizon! Now I have to wait another 2 years to get that. HAHA... maybe by then it will be the 5g.. but it will cost a fortune. I just got a 16g ipod touch, and got it upgraded to the 3g.. was $300... then my daughter got a 32g for Christmas, and it was the same price... go figure!

11. NVash

NVash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got an iTouch when I first went to college. They have a bundle where you can get an iPod Classic or iTouch for free. Oddly enough I had just gotten an iPod Classic for Christmas that year so I chose the iTouch. Mine is about 16GB, the 8GB was free but I paid an extra $80 to upgrade it. I use mine for gaming, music, videos, book reading when I dont feel like converting files to EPUB and also web browsing. It is alot smoother than the Droid but they may get near there soon. I mean, Apple already tried to sue their pants off and this is only the first round. Not to mention, the new iPhone is taking some features of the Droid. I think things may start to get real interesting soon.

12. nagmier

nagmier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a 3G and a 3GS... I am thankful everyday that my wife converted me :D (and she's a crackberry user who dislikes her storm2 )