Verizon cancel your account for "excessive data usage"?

carguy

Reaction score
I have unlimited also. But people like you are why we are left with $30 for 2gig plans on our next upgrade, when we didn't abuse the system at 10++ times any normal rate. I hope they bounce you
Why the hate? Unlimited is unlimited. VZW offered the plan didn't they?

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Why the hate? Unlimited is unlimited. VZW offered the plan didn't they?

I am sure you didn't read the thread, because you would know the answer is that no hate involved. Just an observation where the few have ruined it for the many.
VZW sold an unlimited MOBILE data plan. Repeat for those skimming threads. VZW sold an unlimited MOBILE data plan. The OP states his phone is not only his home internet connection, but it is also his cable TV connection. Neither of those fall into MOBILE data plans. I pay for my home and office (small biz owner) internet connections. I pay for my cable TV connection. Because the OP, and many others like them choose not to do so, I also have to pay MORE for my MOBILE data plan at next upgrade, or buy a phone at the subsidized price. I would rather VZW bounce the abusers. I suspect VZW did not see this coming and their contracts will not allow them to do so. So they are left with punishing the many, for the acts of the few.
At first I found it bizarre that a VZW unlimited MOBILE data plan would make people feel "entitled" to home internet and cable TV. But there is very little personal responsibility left in the world. Just gimmie what you got

carguy

Reaction score
I have not heard that his is what caused vzw to change the plans. That is speculation.

I'd put this on vzw to make changes to how they allow users to use their services.

Sent from my Gs3 while driving