Verizon cancel your account for "excessive data usage"?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok guys warning to all please keep this on topic. no more discussion of profit on apple or vzw..
and op you pay for data on phone you pay for tether.. not much vzw can/will do to you..

nikecar

Reaction score
I have unlimited also. But people like you are why we are left with $30 for 2gig plans on our next upgrade, when we didn't abuse the system at 10++ times any normal rate. I hope they bounce you
Please stop with this. Its like going to Golden Corral or other all you can eat buffet. We paid X amount to eat. If you eat less than Bubba, Bubba isn't the cause if prices go up. VZW wants more revenue so they did this. plain and simple. If no one went over 2GB, they'd justify it by saying everyone uses 2GB or less, rather than the 95% use 2GB or less now.

Money, plain and simple drives VZW

I was in the store paying a bill... I had a question on my bill.. the rep ran a "account analysis" and then informed me of the above information.
I bet they needed a few more upgrades this month to meet their quota.

I understand that you use immense amounts of data. Remember to read the fine print of your "data" usage. This has NOTHING to do with your unlimited package. (fyi-- I also pay full retail to keep my unlimited for peace of mind and also I use around 6-8 GB monthly myself) Anyway, your cellular connection is not meant to be a "home based" internet source. It for mobile data.
Can you please post the exact link that states this if he has the tethering package?

Yonahdad

Reaction score
I have unlimited also. But people like you are why we are left with $30 for 2gig plans on our next upgrade, when we didn't abuse the system at 10++ times any normal rate. I hope they bounce you

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just like the title says.. I use over 100gb a month.. A rep told me that If I continue at this rate Verizon will send me a letter stating that I have 30 days to port my number to another carrier. Can anyone comfirm this? I have the unlimited plan with unlimited tethering... Has anyone had their account cancelled for data useage? Not rumors I mean actually have personal knowledge of this happening... Thanks
100 Gigs a month, REALLY:blink:, I would also kick you off. It's time for you do get some HOME internet.

Snoking

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
100 Gigs a month, REALLY:blink:, I would also kick you off. It's time for you do get some HOME internet.

I believe he did by signing up for VZW monthly tethering.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe he did by signing up for VZW monthly tethering.

I agree. Verizon offered "unlimited tethering" to other devices and he's using it. I don't really see how he's in the wrong here. Is it what Verizon intended? Maybe not, but I'm not sure how they can tell him he's using too much data on an unlimited plan or that he's sharing his internet with too many devices since he pays for tethering.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tekjunkie28

Reaction score
Well first things first... What it costs apple to build an Iphone has nothing to do with what apple charges Verizon... It costs carriers Over $500 per Iphone they order. Plus Apple demands 50% of the data plan. Why do you think Apple has become the most profitable company in history. Isnt it intresting how promotions started ending when the iphone was launched? ie.. New Any 2 credits, the end of unlimited data and the inroduction of the $30 upgrade fee? If you look at the history of verizon and their profitablity statements to shareholders you will notice a sharp decline in company profits when the iphone was introduced. This is not a conincidence... Also your argument that my data plan is ment for "mobile Data" is invalid.. I pay $30 a month for "unlimited" tethering.. Therefore I am premited by agreement to share my data connection with my home computers. Maybe you educate yourself a litte more before you run wreckless at the keyboard....

although i DO NOT agree with his data usage and yes i would toss this user to curb for rthat much usage he is right. apple has massive subsidies. It was no coincidence, verizon even said thats why they ended it all if im not mistaken...

huskur

Reaction score
"Unlimited" was never that in any case with Verizon. It's like that with most ISP's. Lets play a did you know game:) If you are a Comcast/Xfinity subscriber call them and ask what the data limit is? Not many know this but it is 250 GB. How do I know this? Well, here we go. I have Comcast/Xfinity service and run a D-Link wireless N RangeMax router. I have 2 desktop PC's (one wired that is used by myself only for personal/business needs) and one for whoever wants to use it. Also I have 2 laptops, 4 tablets, Wii, XBox 360 that run using it. Now this router is unique in a way that you can transmit 2 separate signals. One I have encrypted for security and the other is a open network for guests.

Comcast calls me one day and tells me I have a virus due to them seeing extreme data usage. They tell me that I normally use between 100 - 150 GB monthly but I had hit the threshold of 250 GB. Weird, I check all my PC's and all are fine. All are protected by Norton 360 and were clear of viruses. I then go to my router and see the devices connected to it. There were 26!!!! devices on my guest side!! My leaching/cheap ass neighbors were killing me!!!!

The end! Thats my story:biggrin:

Snoking

Reaction score
huskur said:
"Unlimited" was never that in any case with Verizon. It's like that with most ISP's. Lets play a did you know game:) If you are a Comcast/Xfinity subscriber call them and ask what the data limit is? Not many know this but it is 250 GB. How do I know this? Well, here we go. I have Comcast/Xfinity service and run a D-Link wireless N RangeMax router. I have 2 desktop PC's (one wired that is used by myself only for personal/business needs) and one for whoever wants to use it. Also I have 2 laptops, 4 tablets, Wii, XBox 360 that run using it. Now this router is unique in a way that you can transmit 2 separate signals. One I have encrypted for security and the other is a open network for guests.

Comcast calls me one day and tells me I have a virus due to them seeing extreme data usage. They tell me that I normally use between 100 - 150 GB monthly but I had hit the threshold of 250 GB. Weird, I check all my PC's and all are fine. All are protected by Norton 360 and were clear of viruses. I then go to my router and see the devices connected to it. There were 26!!!! devices on my guest side!! My leaching/cheap ass neighbors were killing me!!!!

The end! Thats my story:biggrin:

Hey, an open network is just that. If they hacked you secure side then they would be leaching/cheap asses. I can not believe the number of people that do not turn on basic security!

huskur

Reaction score
Hey, an open network is just that. If they hacked you secure side then they would be leaching/cheap asses. I can not believe the number of people that do not turn on basic security!

I understand the "open" part. It was the amount of Data they were consuming. That was the point I was making BUT leaching/cheap they are....if they weren't they would have their own "home" internet and use their own. I now run to secure signals. Though I may unlock one and name it "FBI surveilence van" LOL

vatothe0

Reaction score
I understand the "open" part. It was the amount of Data they were consuming. That was the point I was making BUT leaching/cheap they are....if they weren't they would have their own "home" internet and use their own. I now run to secure signals. Though I may unlock one and name it "FBI surveilence van" LOL

Just run an open network that flips all the images. Google "upsidedownternet" for instructions. Or, use blurrynet. :D