Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Anyone see or try the bootloader unlock for Verizon note 4? Looks like it changes Cid to make phone dev edition.....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Well I have been reading on this the last hour. Seems to work great... Allows perm root and all... I think I may just have to try this out this weekend... I can't believe there isn't more hype here about it... There are some pretty good looking ROMS out there.. Even a really nice Note 5 port... I am getting rather excited... This may help prevent the need for a Note 6 until next spring.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still think we'll be unable to get CM Roms from what I recall, but this could definitely be interesting. Looking forward to it.

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I still think we'll be unable to get CM Roms from what I recall, but this could definitely be interesting. Looking forward to it.
You can run CM roms but the camera is janky due to proprietary drivers for them. This holds true in many of the new high end devices.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I can't believe there isn't more hype here about it... There are some pretty good looking ROMS out there..

Probably because it's been two years since the Note 4 & S5 have been released and folks just aren't as interested anymore.
(although there is quite a bit of discussion on XDA, so there are SOME folks still interested)
Personally, I don't see the point, unless you're really, really bored with your device. Had this occurred a year ago, I might have been more interested although I highly doubt it, mainly because you are required to use Kingroot after you unlock the bootloader, and there has been far too much negative publicity over the past couple years regarding Kingroot. I simply don't trust it, and if you're at all concerned about privacy on your device, I would suggest doing your own research to decide for yourself if it's worth the risk.
Update: after doing a quick search, AVG reports (as of today), there are still 5 types of malware within Kingroot.

I'm fine with my original rooted stock device. I'm holding off with my purchasing of the S7 to see just how many of the Note 6 rumors hold true. That may very well be my next device, especially if it's released early.

S5 tap'n

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Probably because it's been two years since the Note 4 & S5 have been released and folks just aren't as interested anymore.
(although there is quite a bit of discussion on XDA, so there are SOME folks still interested)
Personally, I don't see the point, unless you're really, really bored with your device. Had this occurred a year ago, I might have been more interested although I highly doubt it, mainly because you are required to use Kingroot after you unlock the bootloader, and there has been far too much negative publicity over the past couple years regarding Kingroot. I simply don't trust it, and if you're at all concerned about privacy on your device, I would suggest doing your own research to decide for yourself if it's worth the risk.
Update: after doing a quick search, AVG reports (as of today), there are still 5 types of malware within Kingroot.

I'm fine with my original rooted stock device. I'm holding off with my purchasing of the S7 to see just how many of the Note 6 rumors hold true. That may very well be my next device, especially if it's released early.

S5 tap'n
I think once you unlock the Note 4 bootloader then you use CF auto root and not kingroot......

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Maybe they've updated it, but i thought CF was used to root without the bootloader unlock method. I'll have to double check on that.
Great news if that's the case.

S5 tap'n

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Maybe they've updated it, but i thought CF was used to root without the bootloader unlock method. I'll have to double check on that.
Great news if that's the case.

S5 tap'n
CF works on the Dev edition. The bootloader unlock actually turns the retail version into a dev edition.

segordon

Reaction score
Yes the unlock works. My N910V is now actually N912. Now I have no need to get a new phone for a year or two. Before the unlock, I was strongly considering selling it and getting a LG G5. But now that I have full access, I am very happy.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Over on XDA they're saying that once they get the base files for the MM update all the ROMS should have fully functional cameras. MIUI even has Spen functionality, so if they ever made that happen with CM13 I'd be in love.