Verizon blocking pdanet

vzwtek

Reaction score
I have seen a problem with windows7 and the D1 dropping connections tethering but it's not a problem on Linux or Windows XP. I suspect some kind of driver issue with W7. The D1 tethers fine, I get between 1.75 and 2.2 Mbps.

Easier way would be bluetooth DUN.
Its going to be slow, but still a connection for tether on D1

How to Tether Motorola Droid

P.S., they have no legal way of monitoring what you go to or do when you are using an alternate tethering method. That is a privacy violation. All they are allowed to look at is how much data you are using, if it hampers network, then its a TOS violation of your agreement to continue service with them and will end in contract termination at your expense for network abuse.

Last edited:

FX4

Reaction score
My experience is the bluetooth Dun is slower and a lot more unreliable than the USB connection.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Its a a lot more reliable than wifi and barnacle tether. And its not that much slower

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

vzwtek

Reaction score
Coming from the standpoint for whatever reason he cannot root the device, so its his best and only option.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

FX4

Reaction score
Well fair enough. I tested with XP and canned it. In the case of W7 it may be the way to go.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I use Easytether, for some reason I was never able to figure out why PDAnet never really worked for me. Easytether has no trial so I've been using it for over a year now.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Easier way would be bluetooth DUN.
Its going to be slow, but still a connection for tether on D1

D1 with Win7 here, and that's a great tip! Little tricky to set-up as you have to actually start DUN first and THEN pair, I think (may just be manually switching the modem in connection properties to bluetooth).

But I did 4 speed tests with different servers and they were all 750-850kbps, which is about the 3G speeds I normally get. And that's about twice as fast as the best I could ever get with Wifi tether. Only question now is if it will stay connected.

I realize free PDAnet version doesn't allow access to https secure sites, but I probably wouldn't do any banking or anything besides.

FX4

Reaction score
Easy tether does seem to be the best one at the moment. Used PDAnet for a long time, then switched to Tether because it was faster, then Easytether because it's fast and it just seems to work.