Verizon Begins Charging Full Price of Warranty Phones if Rooted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
And those would be morons. Foot your own bill in the form of insurance. ;)

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
sbf or unroot = warranty unvoided.

I agree with this only because I can't imagine why someone would return a rooted phone, even if vzw doesn't care...

Can't be too bright if you do that

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I applaud Verizon for this...and here is why:

Just here and a few other forums devoted to Droids/Android in general, it is not uncommon on a weekly basis to see threads started by posters that look like this, "So, I bricked my phone when trying to install Liberty/Apex/Zombie/Jimmy2Cools GB over Froyo blah, blah, blah, but its all cool cause I got Verizon/Asurion to send me a replacement...":icon_evil:

Yes, I rooted my phone...yes, I ROM`d my phone...yes, I would fully expect to have to pay Full Retail Value if I had to carry it back to Verizon and they then determined that since I rooted it, that it was no longer covered. Why, because I signed a binding agreement that takes liability off of Verizon when I rooted and modified the stock phone they sold me for a discounted price!

Far too many people expect any and all manner of "freebies" now a days...and take absolutely "0" responsibility for themselves and how they manage themselves. We truly are becoming a "self" society...no longer is the "group" as a whole given any consideration. Its the handful of users who screw up and then fleece the companies that screw it up for the rest of us who actually take time to see if we can fix our OWN MISTAKES...:icon_evil:

I agree 100% with BodyBagz on this! :clap:

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.