Verizon Auto Update

billf82

Reaction score
My Verizon Galaxy S III was rooted. Today the auto update ran and now, I find I no longer have root. Also, I thought that this update was to Android 4.1. My About info says the version is 4.0.4. The update info says that it was successful. Everything seems fine except for root and, obviously, the root dependent programs. Can anyone tell me what is going on? I am really a novice when it comes to Android internals. I would dearly love to get root back.

gtofan350

Reaction score
Good possibility the update was just minor update and not jellybean. It's also possible that the upgrade to jellybean for the SIII is a two part upgrade (htc rezound). As far as keeping your root, can't be done. If your phone updates automatically then you risk losing your root anytime sammy decides to update. Reroot. Also check around to see if you can turn off the auto update.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
That's the update that also broke on-device search, also.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
billf82

billf82

Reaction score
Good possibility the update was just minor update and not jellybean. It's also possible that the upgrade to jellybean for the SIII is a two part upgrade (htc rezound). As far as keeping your root, can't be done. If your phone updates automatically then you risk losing your root anytime sammy decides to update. Reroot. Also check around to see if you can turn off the auto update.
Thanks. I reran GS3DebugFSRoot and that seems to have given back SU capability.