Verizon Audited me

Ellectronico

Reaction score
I worked for a company years ago and at that time i was able to get on a $20 a month rate plan(750mins 1000n&w data was free for awhile but a customer service rep deleted that by accident one time years ago but i still had unlimited). Well I haven't worked for them in many years. When I quit, The company's Rep was supposed to switch my rate plan to a regular one. Well this never happened and i have been on this plan since.

According to an article i read Verizon is doing an audit to find all of these mistakes. Supposed to save them millions a year.

the Verizon rep told me "we shook the tree and your number fell out" lol

Im not complaining really but it does suck that i will be switched to a new rate plan and loose my unlimited data. I recently purchased a Note 2 at full retail even though i was eligible for an upgrade so i could keep it.
Another thing that stinks is i have insurance on this phone. if they switch me to a brand new plan and i use this phone i wont be able to keep my insurance.

they haven't done it yet but it should switch over in a couple of days. I should probably do an upgrade on this line via the website before they switch me over and i'll at least be able to sell the new phone and get a few bucks back.

Just a heads up to anyone that this might effect.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Why can't they just start charging the non subsidiary rate without losing unlimited? Can you return the note 2 for full refund?

debrad0307

Reaction score
I worked for a company years ago and at that time i was able to get on a $20 a month rate plan(750mins 1000n&w data was free for awhile but a customer service rep deleted that by accident one time years ago but i still had unlimited). Well I haven't worked for them in many years. When I quit, The company's Rep was supposed to switch my rate plan to a regular one. Well this never happened and i have been on this plan since.

According to an article i read Verizon is doing an audit to find all of these mistakes. Supposed to save them millions a year.

the Verizon rep told me "we shook the tree and your number fell out" lol

Im not complaining really but it does suck that i will be switched to a new rate plan and loose my unlimited data. I recently purchased a Note 2 at full retail even though i was eligible for an upgrade so i could keep it.
Another thing that stinks is i have insurance on this phone. if they switch me to a brand new plan and i use this phone i wont be able to keep my insurance.

they haven't done it yet but it should switch over in a couple of days. I should probably do an upgrade on this line via the website before they switch me over and i'll at least be able to sell the new phone and get a few bucks back.

Just a heads up to anyone that this might effect.

You should still be able to keep your insurance even if they change your plan. All Verizon has to do is re-add the insurance on your line. It can be dine because you've already had insurance on your line. I would fight that. As for the data.. that is BS. they could also re-add the unlimited data. All they are changing is your minutes. Nothing else should be impacted

Sent from my Synergized S3

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are regularly doing audits. They always try to make sure that people who are on specialty plans are actually entitled to be.

tonyreo

Reaction score
I was with a company for 14 years and we got a 21% discount.
I left the company and about one year later I received an email form Verizon saying my discount had changed, no other information than that.
Thinking they had caught up with me I called Verizon spilling my guts, explaining I had changed jobs about a year ago and asked what was up with the email? The lady looked it up and told me the email was just explaining that my old company discount had increased to 22% and had nothing to do with me changing jobs. I said “oops, I guess I shouldn’t have called you”, thinking I just lost my discount. The lady asked me if I had any other questions, I said no and she said “enjoy your discount and have a nice day”.
I have since returned to my old company, never having lost the discount.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Customer service is usually nice. When I say "they" I mean the audit team.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

wcjeep

Reaction score
I was just audited too. I still work for the same company. No issues with my discount or Unlimited. However, didn't realize I was overpaying for the Family Locator Service. My daughter's dumb phone is GPS'd. We received retro repayment. Made the next normal billing cycle near zero.

Christobal

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I hadn't worked for the company that I worked for when I signed up with Verizon for 8 years. Had a 20% discount. Fortunately, the company I work for now has an agreement with Verizon and I now still get 15% off. It looks like I still have the same unlimited data as my account looks exactly the same on the VZW site. Paying about $15 more a month though. :(

OP
E

Ellectronico

Reaction score
I had forgotten about this post. I guess i should update

I have gotten several emails since they told me that they were taking me off the employee plan, but they have yet to switch me!
So maybe my number got lost in the system once again?

Its been 5 months now.