Verizon+AT&T iPhone 4 will put the Droid platform to bed in 2011

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by JimMariner, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvis_marmaduke

elvis_marmaduke New Member

Lol one of my friends LOVES his iphone but one of the things he can't stand it is when he sees some teenie bopper girl walking around with one who doesn't even understand the technology and just has it so she can facebook and be popular @ school lol!

And sorry if I seem harsh toward apple @ times I think their mobile products are great, but I just don't like their company hahaha, can't stand how much they charge for desktop/laptop products, and talk about cry babies (they are @ one of the buildings I take care of) they complain about EVERY LITTLE TINY THING lol! So don't mind me sometimes hahaha :p

Sent from my Droid
  2. UNC

UNC New Member

You're so right, I hate it when I'm driving and I see someone else driving that doesn't understand how the internal combustion engine works... The nerve of some people!

Smh...
    You've got to be kidding me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:) :) :)

I'm totally clueless on how the modern internal combustion engine works. I was smarter when the cars had carburetors.

I agree, and there are more people walking around with Droids that are clueless then those who understand it. Truth is, Droid works right out of the box. And tons of happy people are using them. It does help to be willing to learn some things about it but it's not a necessity.
  4. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

Where have you been? A prerequisite to owning an android device is a degree in engineering...shocked you didn't know that

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Well, hook, it starts with a fuel source -- gasoline in this case -- being forcibly injected at a rate based on an airflow/density sensor as judged by a computer to induce the optimal burn rate for efficiency, power, and low emissions. The computer does all the thinking. You just decide how fast you want to go and press the pedal. :)

So your statement is very true. You WERE smarter about the whole deal when it was carburetion. You had to be.

And that post has more to do with the subject at hand than at least half the posts in this thread. The iPhone won't even end Android devices on Verizon, let alone worldwide. Get it through your heads people; Android is worldwide and has been holding its own and winning in many quarters OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! It will continue to do so because of cost (the iPhone costs at least a month's salary in India, and is a MAJOR target of theft as a result), quality, functionality, and rapid update cycle by Google. Verizon getting the iPhone will be a boon to Apple and end user, but that's about it.

It will not be the death blow to Android even here in the States, and I already said the same about Verizon. Now can we PLEASE stop arguing about it and admit to ourselves what's really happening here? :)
  6. TwerpPoet

TwerpPoet New Member

You mean that none of us know what's going to happen, for sure, and won't until it's over? But then there wouldn't be anything to argue about, and all these threads would disappear.

Oh, I see what you mean. :gotmyvote:
  7. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

furbearingmammel you know I always dislike it when you drag logic into a thread and yet you keep doing it.

People need to realize that the ONLY thing the iPhone is threatening is RIMS Blackberry, PalmOS and Windows 7. Not to mention Sprint and T-Mobile who will suffer not AT&T.

Android will continue to flourish and continue to get better and Apple will do just great as well. Android is here to stay like it or not. If you want to speculate and spit out facts of an impending doom of an OS/Manufacturer start directing your comments at RIM, PalmOs and Windows 7 those will be the real losers in all of this.

Lets get realistic here folks Android is here to stay is not going anywhere. It is in FACT on the rise. There is nothing further from the truth than the assumption that Apple will destroy Android in one capacity or another. Simply will not happen.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  8. elvis_marmaduke

I nominate palm hahaha there os they featured last year at ces was pretty nice... but come on, how many 'OH EM GEE!!!' Devices are headed their way :p windows phone7 has at least one thing going for it... one of their phones had one of the first gingerbread ports (Hd2) hahaha!

Sent from my Droid
  9. holmes6

holmes6 New Member

The two brands you name: iPhone and Facebook are basically the same principle.. Something that people who don't understand or use most tech effectively can use with great results intuitively.

Those of us that can pick up virtually any device/app and make it do what we want often fail to realize what makes these popular brands so popular because we can't tell the difference between them and the alternative. Things that seem difficult for the new/causal user that loves fb and iphone so much work just fine for us.
  10. UNC

UNC New Member

Not again...

Nobody is bashing Android or its users, its called an alternative. You know, choice.

Apple is not going to kill off Android, so don't worry if you're scared of that! Enough of the Apple hate. I happen to prefer Apple, and I guarantee that I know far more about how Android and iOS work than most of the people on here who claim that idiot sheep use the iPhone.
    !!OMGZ DAdroidz IZ S0 1337!!

11. elvis_marmaduke

No! I know how they work! Lol

Sent from my Droid
  12. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

i agree w/ CK and FBM. it's almost like arguing if Mercedes is going to put BMW out of business, or vice-versa. neither will happen, because they are both exceptional machines, with enough consumers for each to thrive. they each have advantages/disadvantages that will influence different consumers in a different way. my view is that Andy and iOS are both going to continue to grow rather rapidly (especially now that iOS is headed to VZW). but, like others have mentioned, i don't think they will grow at the expense of each other, but at the expense of RIM, Palm, etc, which IMO are quickly becoming the Studebakers in this analogy.

for me, personally, Android does everything i could ever ask for, and more - at a cost that is much less than the iphone. and with how relatively new the Android OS is (as compared to iOS), and how close it is to the iOS in function and capability, i only foresee Android getting better and better. taking it out of the hypothetical, i can't see much attraction in getting an iphone now, when the dual core droids (Bionic, baby!!) will be coming just a couple months later...
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  13. 04CiviCon20s

04CiviCon20s New Member

Just Tell Steve Jobs and his Cult, Android is here to stay and iphone can just o to .ell w/its OVERRATED .ss. The Closest i'lll ever come to an iphone is my ipod touch. Guess what Steve Jobs, Ipod stays in car just for music ONLY..LOL
  14. furbearingmammal

Sorry CK.

So, um. Goo goo gajoob? ;)
  15. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

I would definitely NOT go as far as to call the iPhone 4 overrated. And you should be very happy that it exists as it is the direct reason Android has developed as fast as it has. Make no mistake about that.
  16. huskerkate

no, look at my sig - it's Goonga galoonga; no, goonga lagoonga. :D
  17. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

See now, this had me thinking about "Gooney Goo Goo" from Eddie Murphy's Raw concert. :rofl2:
  18. UNC

UNC New Member

I am the eggman, I am the eggman, I am the Walrus?

19. huskerkate

outstanding!! "Lillian, what the ___ is Gooney Goo Goo?!?!"
  20. furbearingmammal

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MoWQSe3txY[/ame]

And enough off topic. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.