Verizon+AT&T iPhone 4 will put the Droid platform to bed in 2011

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by JimMariner, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBirdVegas

JBirdVegas Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I will NEVER buy an iphone. Not ever. PEROID.

Yea I tap to talk

2. Yufice

Yufice Member

Ratings:
    +0
    People are taking android customization for granted, and not thinking of it basically. An iPhone's ui is what your app drawer looks like when its open. No widgets, multiple home screens, Icons for what you want, etc.

I used the iphone for a year, lost it, and snagged the droid since I got some incentive to port over from ATT. Kinda thought I was biting the bullet until I used the device. Even before voiding my warranty, I loved the phone more than my iPhone by a long shot.

iPhone is very simple and easy to understand. A lot of people are "waiting for the iphone" because its a big name, because smart phones are scary and apple is easy. IPhone trades capabilities for software. These droids that are out/are coming out do a whole bunch of things that iphone doesn't (flash being a huge deal). But companies make an iphone app first, and then an android one if at alll. Some of the huge companies don't have their apps on android yet (chase, and most other banks come to mind), but if you can think of something, on iOS, there really is "an app for that".
    Android's market is slowly creeping up, but the key term is slowly.

iPhone on verizon will obviously disrupt the market. It's going to make sales records in its first week I bet. But you have to be completely brain dead if you think google is just sleeping on it. If an Iphone comes to verizon, google/motorola/htc/etc are definitely going to have a heavy line of defense.

3. tgs3838

tgs3838 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If the iphone comes to Verizon of course it will have a lot of people jump from droid to iphone. Just the way it goes. Iphone has a lot of hype and people always want the newest thing anyways. But i think over time some of those people might come back to droid. But on the bright side competition is a good thing for users. Android will only try harder to make an even better product. I do not think android will fade away over this. It might hurt them a little at first. But like i said. Over time i think people will come back

4. mtavenger55

mtavenger55 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah people just want iPhone because it's the "big dog" of the phone industry & has an apple on it's back. Also I do believe that it being easy to use plays a big part. I personally think the iPhone is overrated & over hyped.

5. garrett

garrett Silver Member
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +5

being easy to use, a massive app store, great battery life, an unbelievable amount of support both from other users and from apple themselves all comes in to play.

not to mention it just works..... and does that extremely well. very rarely does an iPhone freeze up but even then the power button still works.

6. DRM77

DRM77 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What sold me on the Droid X is the screen size. I'm in Olefins operations at major chemical plant and work shift work. 95% if the time the unit runs great, so I have alot of down time. I like being able to watch NFL sunday ticket and down loaded movies on the Droid X. I have 5 phones on my plans which are spaced out and I have the option of a upgrade each year. I have had the Droid 1 (the one with the slide out keyboard) that I handed down to my 16 yr son, the HTC that I handed down to my wife, and you know what i have now. I switched from the BB Storm and love the touch screen. I have no use for a key board. I didnt like the 1st Droid at all. I really liked the HTC because of the vibrant screen colors, and other small things like be able to seperate your facebook phone numbers from your non facebook friends. I just wanted a larger screen.
    I do very much so like the Iphone, the quality of games and applications, are unbeliveable. Being able the connect to AT&T uverse is outstanding. You have to agree thats a attractive app. But why I would not purchase a Iphone is because I do not like the fact that it doesn'nt have removable memory or battery, as well at the screen size.
    But hey, thats me, I do feel if Android disregards trying to improve the quality of games and applications, that it may be on its way out. You have to admit the the compared to the Iphone they are horrible. More people care about that than the screen size. Sorry for rambleing on.

7. VolDroid

VolDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I originally had thought I would want an Iphone if it ever came to Verizon, but after having my Droid for this long I don't see me switching to an Iphone. I like having the ability to customize things the way I like them as opposed to being told "this is how it will be, take it or leave it." Plus i want to see if the reception problems really lie within the ATT network or in the Iphone itself. I do fear that the influx of user with an Iphone will slow Verizon's network down and lessen speeds we get now.

8. akj27

akj27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd just like to add that no one here knows if Apple's contract with AT&T is for 5 years, so how can you be so sure that we won't see a Verizon iPhone until 2012? I'd love to see a source that says it's a 5 year contract, or when it started...

9. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
  10. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic Member

Ratings:
    +3
    If i cannot drag my music into my music dir with iphone i will not be getting one...

i just need the 4inch plus screen and LTE and im a happy camper.

11. demofox

demofox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    iphone

but im pretty sure most verizon droid users may switch to the iphone but keep there droid as a back up phone or use the iphone for back up i mean android system is pretty awesome but the iphone an its apps are just great an that its going to be on the verizon network it will just boost sales on the phone

12. akj27

akj27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol, touche.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.