Verizon+AT&T iPhone 4 will put the Droid platform to bed in 2011

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by JimMariner, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvis_marmaduke

Ratings:
    +0
    The ONLY reason people are making the switch to html5 is because flash doesn't and said they never will ha e accessibility options... so yeah in a year or two you might see a lot less flash sites. BUT for now, html5 is a PAIN to code in, I can guarantee nobody would prefer coding in that over flash (one of the easiest languages), there aren't a lot of html5 ciders right now and they charge more than most (cuz of the difficulty in coding). I DO however LOVE it when all these apple fanboys bring this up as an arguement (I swear they have some script/list of 'reasons to go iphone' because they ALL use the same 5 or so arguements).

The bottom line is html may be the future, but it is NOT the immediate future. Its got at LEAST a year or two before it comes close to flash. Big companies still have new sites coming out using flash, either way by the time it becomes the standard apple fannies think they're going to be able to force it to become, it'll be a while, and it'll be standard on all smartphones. Maybe we'll even have quadcore 2gig phones hahaha

Sent from my Droid

2. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    you're suggesting that android "fanboys" (your words not mine), have new and innovative arguments every time someone asks them why android is better than ios?

the only ones i ever hear are "OPEN SOURCE!!!" ,"FLASH!!!" ,"NOT LOCKED DOWN!!", "APPLE IS A CULT!!", "THE IPHONE IS OLD TECH!!"

android people recycle the same lame stuff too, man...

3. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,475
    Can I make an end all post...sort of.

Look, as an apple user via former 3gs and ipod touch apple is a good product android is a good product. They have different models to achieve different goals. People who buy the iphone do not care about customizing or flash cuz they dont need to. A large percent of the world can careless about rooting, hacking, they just want a device to work. Apple has took a smart phone and made it so a 5 year old can basically pick it up and enjoy using it and that model is perfect. Apple has sold a bunch of iphones for a reason and that business model of keeping it simple and making a good product works. Can you jailbreak the iphone, yes, but most people really do not care to...I have seen people load windows 7 o.s (computer windows 7) on there iphone just for fun....but in the end goes back to the stock because they like how it works...most tweaks are maybe to change the notification sounds. Personally I prefer android and it is now my device of choice. They are both great devices/ o.s. Lets drop the "fanboy" comments because we all have our preferences. Just because some prefer one over another does not mean one device is going to disappear. Both android and apple will be around for a good while and the competition should be left to the ceos of the respective company so that as users we all can enjoy it. I am not gonna take you off your preference and you off of mine...so let just stop trying to prove who's o.s is better because to be honest it is a matter of opinion.

As users we all have preferences....some people love to tweak and customize every little detail while others like a device that is simple and allows the user to spend more time using their device than making tweaks. We all have our preferences and both apple and android will continue to provide good devices. As apple keep making good devices it will force android to make good devices and in the end we as users all win. What device is best for me may not be best for you so we will respect each others choices and have civil discussions. Please do not have a back and forth flaming over o.s...this section is for iphone users to discuss the potential for apple on the vzw network. We are glad to have apple iphone users as a part of our forum and gladly welcome civil discussions. Thanks and we again welcome apple iphone users.

4. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Really? The coders I know love HTML5 and prefer working in it whenever possible. They refer to Flash as "sloppy" and "resource intensive". They live working with it over Flash any day of the week.

5. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks, PC, great post. That's what I would like for people to understand. There is absolutely ZERO need to slam devices and OS's. They both have a place and a purpose. And for those intimating that iPhone users aren't as intelligent as Android users, and I HAVE seen these posts, I would be very careful with those comments. Just because they don't use Androids does NOT mean they aren't intelligent or individuals.

6. muzhik

muzhik Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    OnePlus One
    i always told myself that when verizon releases iphone, i would get it, but now that i'm used to android and how it works, i have second thoughts about it

(i did have 3g and 3gs on att b4 switching to verizon)

7. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,475

The reason you hearing that is because they heard it from iphone directed at android and now some droid users are becoming what they hated. Its gone both ways and really it needs to stop. It is immature and is a waste of time. I am not gonna stop using my preferred device because you are bashing it....just make you choice and move on.

8. hufn

hufn Member

Ratings:
    +0

holy crap... THANK YOU! It's about time someone had some common sense :biggrin: That's the argument I've been using constantly. First off, you can't compare them in that fashion - it really isn't apples to apples. The iphone can be used by a kid right out of the box, whereas the android cannot. I prefer the android for that specific reason. Even after I mess around with the phone and get it 'perfect' I still need to find some way to mod it just a little more ;) I would be so incredibly frusterated with the iphone specifically because I cannot do most of what I can do here.

Those who want great out of the box functionality with little or no setup required - get iphone. Those who want to customize it to the way they want, irrespective of defaults or even normal options, get android.

I have to say is that what gets me the most is Apple's 180 degree turn in their historical viewpoints. Check out the 1984 super bowl commercial - their's was the one that began the whole era of big money sb commercials. The entire jist is that you should have choices and be able to do what you want.... Except now, they block a magazine because it has articles about android. That is not open minded.... It is a shame as I really like the product, I just cannot adhear to the mantra.

Great post pc747 :)

on a side note - there is no way apple will 'put android to bed' so to speak. The fact that android is open and hardware/software can be made by anyone is the reason it will not die at all soon. Look at the MS/Apple battles in the 90's - Apple lost the desktop war in large part due to the fact that they did not allow any outside hardware, whereas MS had all of the companies making hardware for them and selling by the boatload...

9. elvis_marmaduke

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol one of my friends LOVES his iphone but one of the things he can't stand it is when he sees some teenie bopper girl walking around with one who doesn't even understand the technology and just has it so she can facebook and be popular @ school lol!

And sorry if I seem harsh toward apple @ times I think their mobile products are great, but I just don't like their company hahaha, can't stand how much they charge for desktop/laptop products, and talk about cry babies (they are @ one of the buildings I take care of) they complain about EVERY LITTLE TINY THING lol! So don't mind me sometimes hahaha :p

Sent from my Droid

10. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2

You're so right, I hate it when I'm driving and I see someone else driving that doesn't understand how the internal combustion engine works... The nerve of some people!

Smh...
    You've got to be kidding me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

11. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8

:) :) :)

I'm totally clueless on how the modern internal combustion engine works. I was smarter when the cars had carburetors.

I agree, and there are more people walking around with Droids that are clueless then those who understand it. Truth is, Droid works right out of the box. And tons of happy people are using them. It does help to be willing to learn some things about it but it's not a necessity.

12. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Where have you been? A prerequisite to owning an android device is a degree in engineering...shocked you didn't know that

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.