Verizon+AT&T iPhone 4 will put the Droid platform to bed in 2011

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by JimMariner, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BUFFALOMADMAN

BUFFALOMADMAN New Member

Yeah I totally agree with you there and I think you will see sales go up when they implement the system where you can just charge your phone bill. Like I said it just takes time and I will say it again android is still really young so give it some time.
  2. elvis_marmaduke

elvis_marmaduke New Member

Apple users aren't cultists.... as much as Steve jobs would love them to be... hahaha :p

Sent from my Droid
  3. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Well, I personally will not got to AT&T for an iPhone because 1)I already have two Verizon lines and 2)AT&T service is absolutely horrible where I live and travel. I know because I had an AT&T work phone and hated that thing with a passion. Worst service I've ever had.
  4. harpua

harpua New Member

The first part of the post is not relevant. Please do not do this again.

do they somehow not understand one of the major reasons iphone moved to verizon is because the iphone market was hurting due to the droid army over the last year. this is how they can get back in the game, but the iphone is certainly not putting any droid platform to bed. that's ridiculous. Erroneous on all accounts!

the iphone is nice, or something. i hear folks say it's the best phone, i hear folks say it's not so great a phone as it is just a great device. dont flame me, but i bought an ipod touch to mess with. well i can use that like a phone. texting. etc; meh

all i am saying is the iphone is 1 phone. and sure it may put some droids to bed, but not the top droids. and thats just it. it is competing against multiple phones. it is not going to hold up. sure it could be better than 4 or 5 or even 6 droids. but there are going to be 2 or 3 droids that rival if not best it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
  5. cjv1982

cjv1982 New Member

6. harpua

harpua New Member

7. xRITE AIDEx

xRITE AIDEx New Member

What I want to know is why everyone is so eager to jump on the 4g bandwagon. I DON'T LIVE IN A 4G AREA. In which I may not get it by the end of 2013.

Point being is that I'm getting iphone(upgrading from D1 last jan.) In which I'm banking on the fact that verizon can't get the iphone5 or whatever comes in June due to the exclusive deal with AT&T.In which I'll buy the iphone now and then get the next one in 2012 since 4g isn't nationwide till 2013.

Also personally I don't like any of the 4g phones just the look of them just doesn't give me good feelings. If the DroidX was 4g I'd be all over it but the Bionic just doesn't suite me and also I have also wanted an Iphone since 2007.
  8. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

I'm waiting for that thread Cereal :happy2:
  9. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

I would be more than happy to give you a $50 iTunes card for that Droid of yours. dancedroid
  10. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

"will not be coming to VZW ever"?? wow, that was a bold statement haha
  11. yuusharo

yuusharo New Member

You should absolutely get the iPhone then. Your Droid has served you well, and now its time for an upgrade ^_^.

Its my opinion that Apple will want to avoid showing any preference to either US carrier, and will most likely release the iPhone 5 for both AT&T and Verizon on the same day, even if that means pushing the release date a little further out to compensate. This also says to me that the iPhone 5 will be an incremental upgrade, similar to how the 3GS was just a faster 3G in the same form factor. The CDMA iPhone required an antenna redesign, and it doesn't sound like Apple wants to engineer a new phone just yet. They are probably waiting for LTE to take off and build a single world phone that works on both networks everywhere.

I'm going to wait, since I'm still under contract for the Droid X until June. But if the iPhone is something you want and you're ready to upgrade, go for it. It'll still be a great phone six months from now, even if a new model is out.
  12. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.