Verizon anounces the 2.1.605.5 OTA update

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by xrstoy1, Oct 25, 2011.

1. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Names of apps please. U can screenshot with sdk no need for root.

Particularly lockscreen gestures. Music controls with volume buttons.

And no you cannot run aosp without root. I'm pretty sure you're not even reading my posts. You can use widget locker but there is the annoying 5 second rule and many times it shows stock lockscreen anyway. Plus its not free.

I can almost garuntee the apps you're about to mention have their flaws. Go ahead though.

Please name the apps that allow lockscreen gestures...aosp configuration ..volume screen off music control...and any other features I mentioned.

Also..you enjoying all the ads on your phone? Lol

For the record I never pushed root on anyone. All I said was I'm not impressed with Verizon's ota updates for this phone and they could not provide us with latest updates as development does. I don't really give two ****s about your phone...or how u like it...in fact wasn't even posting in response to anything you said until you stated the whole root is not better schpiel

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

2. clarc31

clarc31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Native music player, I don't think you mentioned pandora until now, if you did I missed it

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

3. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    U can get the apps for free if you really dont wanna pay...:/ and I know its not a good thing to do and we don't discuss it but rooting isn't something that's supposed to be done either.

Ads? what ads? You mean the things I had even when rooted...omg I'm gonna root my phone RIGHT now because I hate ads.

And no that's not what I said...go back and read. Someone mentioned that everyone in this day and age should know how to root and do it...and I said I don't wanna do it to make my phone run properly or whatever that is!

And ill stand by that...is it better to be rooted? Ye. Do I wanna spend time doing it? No.

I want my phone to work properly right out the box. I don't wanna root so my phone can work. Its an expensive phone.

As far as music controls go I just use my volume rocker..I don't need to press anything on the screen.

4. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    You can only increase or decrease volume with rocker...not skip previous or play pause.

Many pay apps have market check features to prevent pirates. I know widget locker does.

And how do you think u get those apps?...rooted users who paid and copied it from data partition.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

5. Blacksheep427

Blacksheep427 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed the notification bug is back on mine. Defined as variable volume changes to various notification sounds. This is TB replacement 2. My original TB got OTA with GB round 1. That OTA helped cause the replacement 1. As time guess on, I'm hoping for Bionic or Nexus as my next phone. I'm waiting due to financial shortage.

Now force close happening on Android market.

6. klaudiadroid2

klaudiadroid2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery life is great with the update !

7. rtb

rtb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got this update today and it installed quickly. No reboot. Anyone else have this happen?

8. jkaod

jkaod Gold Member

Ratings:
    +498
    That's exactly how mine went. Very fast with no re-boot. Check the build number in your phone settings and it should be the most current one. If it is, you're good to go.

9. Brockjava

Brockjava New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Forced Update

I received the forced updated early this morning. It did do a forced reboot. They system is now reporting:

Android Version:

HTC Sense Version:

Software Number:

Right away I noticed under quick settings that the mobile network on and off ACTUALLY WORKS!

With the old Gingerbread version the mobile data would actually turn on and off randomly.

10. wowings

wowings Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have never had any real issues with my TB except battery life. The update got VM motivation back - worth the update. My battery life did not increase. Still at 1/3 brightness and all the other suggestions. I am giving some serious thought to the extended battery. For those who experienced better battery life, what did you change or what do you suggest? I play a few games of solitaire, check 25-30 emails and respond, check internet sites 10-15 times a day, and check Droid Forum site and read 20 or so responses a day. I need to recharge twice a day. Help? Is the extended battery my best choice?

11. PhishyKris

PhishyKris Member

Ratings:
    +1
    have had the 2750 HTC batt since the day i got it. best thing ever...all day with no worries...heavy usage.

12. jared845

jared845 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    agreed have the 2750 battery and is great lasts all day and then some

sent from my gingerbreadless thunderbolt