Verizon ANNUAL upgrade and Wirefly

belome

Reaction score
You mean you can upgrade after a year? According to Verizon, I had to wait 1.5 years.

Please tell me more.

fis

Reaction score
You mean you can upgrade after a year? According to Verizon, I had to wait 1.5 years.

Please tell me more.
Totally at Verizon's discretion. It's a partial upgrade, i.e., not a full subsidy -- just a discount -- and eligibility depends on your account, rate plan, payment history, etc.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Yeah, its getting off topic. I got my Droid at 299 plus mail in rebate 12 months into my last contract. I was simply asking... can you do this 12 month upgrade outside of a Verizon store, phonecall or website. Sounds like NO.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I went into a verizon wireless store and asked if I could do an upgrade because I was over 1 year in my contract (starting another 2 years). The rep said no I couldn't, so we had to activate a family line for my friend's smashed droid (to get another one at discount price).

Interesting.

beargold23

Reaction score
I went into a verizon wireless store and asked if I could do an upgrade because I was over 1 year in my contract (starting another 2 years). The rep said no I couldn't, so we had to activate a family line for my friend's smashed droid (to get another one at discount price).

Interesting.

In the future always give customer service a call first. I've always found that the reps on the phone are more helpful than the ones that are in the stores