Verizon ANNUAL upgrade and Wirefly

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I know Best Buy is not able to process the 12 month (primary line) upgrades. Does anyone know if Wirefly or even Amazon can do this?

I am thinking No will be the answer so Verizon makes you go direct.

Reaction score
Actually most indirect agents can do it. Best buy, walmart and the like are technically "National Retailers"

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
no the only ones that can process an early upgrade is verizon themselves.

The authorized retailers cant even do an early upgrade you have to make sure you either goto a corporate store or call customer service.

Reaction score
Garrett you are incorrect. I'm a store manager for an indirect and we do them all the time.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
So I take that for a 'no' on Wirefly then?

Also, is it still just a $20 early upgrade charge?

Reaction score
$20 plus the obvious 2yr contract price and signing a new contract.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
It doesn't ADD to what is left on your current contract, right? Or does it START OVER?

Reaction score
No it does start a new 2yr if you want to pay the lower price. Most places will sell you a 1yr contract but you will have to pay more for the phone

Reaction score
Okay I should have amended my statement since there are various levels of indirect.

Premium, Authorized Agent, National Retailer, Non-Exclusive, Sub-Agent and a couple more I think. Authorized and Premium can do annuals.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I assume these are Verizon Store only that you are referring to? and different levels of each?

Aerysana

Reaction score
Amazon cannot until 20 month mark and not a day before. Just ran round and round with them on this. Bit amazon prices and shipping r awesome. My dinc 79.99 free next day shipping.

Sent from my droid incredible

Reaction score
I assume these are Verizon Store only that you are referring to? and different levels of each?

Well there is Direct, or Corporate, stores. Then there are Indirect, generally either a privately owned company or one of the national retailers. The further up the Indirect ladder, the more they can do like a corporate. Premium is almost identical, Authorized has a few things they can't do, notably put things directly on the bill.

fis

Reaction score
I think you are dancing around the point. Wirefly (and others) can process the 1 year upgrade. However, they don't offer it, because Verizon's compensation is so small ($hundreds less) that they can't offer any compelling savings with a 1-year upgrade.

Reaction score
While you are correct about the compensation being less, its not significant because you are still signing a 2yr contract, some places can literally not do it because its not part of their license from VZW.