Verizon Annual Upgrade, and selling old phone

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry for starting the controversy on that guys. I thought internally the X and D2 were the same and the D2 has a 8 gb SD card. At least I was told that, I'll have to double check myself. Maybe I replaced my 16 gb card with a 16 gb card.

I didn't think it made much sense to give more memory to the phone and take it away from the SD card. I'll have to double check my own phone. If the X has a 16 gb card for the OP then just format the existing card on the old phone. That will clean it all up for you.

I have confirmed 24 total gb on the X 16 SD and 8 on the phone. D2 only has 16 total.

Last edited:

NuLL.n.VoiD

Reaction score
Ok, I'm more curious about how everyone is getting annual upgrades. Big Red always tells me it's a two year wait. I'm in no hurry cuz I still love my Droid 1. It's a power house.

D1, MIUI, 800Mhz

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
N

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Mine came up exactly 1 calendar year after I activated my Droid. I am the primary on a two line account, $119.98 monthly access before insurance/taxes.

u7mg0

Reaction score
i get the same thing from Verizon. depending on who i talk to, some say i can upgrade after one year, others say i have to wait 2, and still others say 16 months. WTF? does anyong know the real policy?

Orakle

Reaction score
I think the way upgrades work is: You get $x after one year and $2x after you wait two years to upgrade....

OP
N

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Check online, and hit "Upgrade Now" even if it says you aren't qualified. After one calendar year it should tell you you can upgrade for the discounted price. You have to be the primary line on the account, and your monthly access has to be ~$70 or more. Not sure the exact amount.

EARL97850

Reaction score
If you have a share plan you can also upgrade the other line, but swap it to your primary number if you like. I do it all the time between my 3 lines.