Verizon Annual Upgrade, and selling old phone

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
I am planning on doing an annual upgrade to a Droid X from a Moto Droid. When I sign the new contract, can I simply factory reset my Droid and sell it on eBay, or is there anything I have to do to unlock it or ready it for de-re-activation, or anything?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am planning on doing an annual upgrade to a Droid X from a Moto Droid. When I sign the new contract, can I simply factory reset my Droid and sell it on eBay, or is there anything I have to do to unlock it or ready it for de-re-activation, or anything?

All you have to do really is a factory data reset. I would also format the SD card just to wipe that.

Here's the thing though. The X has a 8 gb SD card. Wouldn't you like to put that 16 gb SD card in your X? That's what I did with my D2.

OP
N

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Why yes I would like to use my old SD card, haha. It won't mess with anything reusing it without formatting? Also would some settings carry over for some games/apps if they are backed up on the SD card?

Dustin.

Reaction score
The X comes with a 16GB chip hook, that's what mine came with and all the others I've been selling. o_O

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
N

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Also this is an Asurion insurance replacement. Will that affect anything, besides me stating it in the eBay listing?

xpezdj

Reaction score
The X comes with a 16GB chip hook, that's what mine came with and all the others I've been selling. o_O

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

It has 8GB internal and 8GB SD card

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
N

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Official site says 16GB SD card pre-installed.

""8GB Internal memory for emails, texts, and apps
16 GB microSD card pre–installed on–device — up to 32GB microSD supported""

OP
N

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the internal memory is not 16GB

bart2546

Reaction score
I just got mine abit a month and a half ago, it is definitely an 8 gig internal memory amount and a 16 gig SD card.

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

tommyb38

Reaction score
Sorry guys, it was late and I read it totally wrong and got myself bacwwards. It is 8 internal and 16 card!! Thanks for correcting me!
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

sykotek

Reaction score
If you are going through Asurion to replace a damaged / lost phone, the ESN of the original device you reported lost or damaged will no longer be valid for activation. Asurion requires that you send back a damaged phone, and if lost, that it be returned if/when found. If they catch you trying to sell a phone they have a claim processed on, you may be billed for the entire cost of the phone.

If you are selling the phone they sent you as a replacement, that's fine. It's only the original lost / broken phone that you are not permitted to sell.

Hope this helps.

OP
N

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
It's the replacement I am selling, sent the broken one back. Wasn't sure if it would have any hitches getting it reactivated on someone else's account.

Thanks for the help

nubby

Reaction score
The replacement is yours. As long as you sent the damaged one back, there should not be an issue.