Verizon Announces Reasons For 4G Issues!

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, does not surprise me. Sounds pretty much like a standard "keep the wolves at bay" corporate memo, but at least folks will know where to focus their concerns etc.. Wonder if pressure form the phone vendors forced this announcement as they have be taking quite a beating. My experience with Verizon is that they typically do not fess-up that easily. Rest assured of one thing, now that they have admitted problems, they will be applying some resources.

I fairness, I believe I posted back sometime just prior to the 5.5.893 ota that I noticed some positive changes in network connectivity. Still some issues, but it is better. Glad they appear to be manning up on this.

PS> I remember a conversation on another thread about some network patches.... guess the geographic segmentation explains why they will be patching IMSI :biggrin:

Last edited:

bbtkd

Reaction score
They say they won't sleep until the problems are fixed. I know a guy who knows one of their guys - maybe I should get his number and call him every few hours to make sure he's not sleeping...

samiusmc

Reaction score
They say they won't sleep until the problems are fixed. I know a guy who knows one of their guys - maybe I should get his number and call him every few hours to make sure he's not sleeping...

Then they'll really take away your signal.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I just don't understand why it's taken them so long to release this? And not even just for the Bionic, this should've been released with the Thunderbolt or something.

tituswife

Reaction score
Absolutely for the Thunderbolt!

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

DoctorV

Reaction score
When I read this it doesn't sound like they are acknowledging the daily data drop issues like what we have with our Bionics. It sounds like they are only addressing the national 4G outages.

"Problems customers experienced affected connectivity to the 4G LTE Network and
data service."

"experienced"? As in past tense? How about continually experiencing every day?

"Several times, we have proactively 'moved' 4G LTE customers onto
our 3G Network to ensure all would have a data connection."

That doesn't work. In fact it insures that I lose my data connection.

"For brief periods, such as on Wednesday (12/28), 4G LTE customers could not connect to the 3G Network as quickly as we would have liked."

"such as on Wednesday (12/28)"?? How about such as Thursday (09/08/2011 - Present)

"Nonetheless, we estimate that 4G LTE connectivity has been available
approximately 99 percent of the time this year."

Not for me it hasn't.

"Our engineers have successfully diagnosed those past triggering events, and they have not reoccurred."

Seriously? "have not reoccurred"???!! You can't be talking about our daily data drop issues then can you?

"Our 3G and 1X Networks continue to reliably process calls, texts and data for
customers with 3G devices and, when necessary, 4G LTE devices."

No your 3G networks do not reliably process data for our 4G LTE devices when we get data drop issues.

TatDroid

Reaction score
When I read this it doesn't sound like they are acknowledging the daily data drop issues like what we have with our Bionics. It sounds like they are only addressing the national 4G outages.

Yeah, I thought the same as I read it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bbtkd

Reaction score
When I read this it doesn't sound like they are acknowledging the daily data drop issues ...

When they make statement like this you have to wonder if they even use their own system, or is verizon's corporate cell discount with Sprint?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

They're going to fix it. Trust me, ANYONE who runs a large network of any type is going to have folks working on it round the clock to iron out the issues. A well running network is much easier to keep running well. This LTE equipment and the devices which connect to it are new. Firmware updates are going to have to occur on both the device side and the tower side to get things running smoothly.

oddestfellow

Reaction score

I'm having these same data drop issues with my Samsung Stratosphere. I'm fighting with VZ now to try and get them to switch me to one of their 3G phones, but it's a battle. I'm on my 2nd Stratosphere and having the same issues. My wife has the same phone with the same problems. They should have to put "'s around 4G whenever they refer to it. Verizon "4G" - the "best" in the nation...