Verizon announces HTC Thunderbolt with March 17th release date

Reaction score
I don't think anyone has to worry about the number of devices:) my guy just told me they got 170 today and that's in addition to the 50 they had before

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm working from home tomorrow so I can stay up and order online. Woo!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The phone rep said that I had to order online in order to get one early. Are they making anyone else do that? My contract is up in 3 months and I have to pay the $20 early charge. I'd rather hit up a store.

Sethman29

Reaction score
i was going to buy one with a one year, because obviously there will be something twice as good next march, but i guess i will go with a 2 year to make sure i can get 4g/3g unlimited for the entire 2 years for 29.99 what are yalls thoughts on this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i was going to buy one with a one year, because obviously there will be something twice as good next march, but i guess i will go with a 2 year to make sure i can get 4g/3g unlimited for the entire 2 years for 29.99 what are yalls thoughts on this?

If you're willing to keep the phone or 2 years it might work. Otherwise your contract would change with any future upgrade.

Doesn't mean either that they won't grandfather you after you switch phones either.

sportadic22

Reaction score
Soooooooooo the time has come.... the official announcement has been said.... the phones have been shipped.. (at least in my area). now we all are trying to wait patiently til the morning to go get our phones at the store.

question tooo you... to not really but kinda.. PASS THE TIME dancedroid

WHY ARE YOU EXCITED TO GET THE THUNDERBOLT??? instead of bionic..or waiting for another phone?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
If it is going to be near $400 for us with 4 months left to get this phone with a 2 year agreement..... I'd rather just pay the $599 for the no contract version....... Quite retarded in my opinion to have to pay $35 activation, $20 early upgrade, + $75 tax.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Yes they will charge you $20 extra and you get the phone :)
Is this $20 + $35 activation fee + $249.99???????
Is this correct?
Yup!

+ tax that will probably be like $75.

I think that the $35 activation is only for a new line. If upgrading then there is no activation fee. That would make the price $270. Sales tax in NY would be $21.60 (8%). In PA it would be $16.20 (6%). I'm not sure about other states though.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Is this $20 + $35 activation fee + $249.99???????
Is this correct?
Yup!

+ tax that will probably be like $75.

I think that the $35 activation is only for a new line. If upgrading then there is no activation fee. That would make the price $270. Sales tax in NY would be $21.60 (8%). In PA it would be $16.20 (6%). I'm not sure about other states though.
I thought the activation fee was to activate the phone, but I could be wrong about that one. The tax is off the full price of the phone, which is like $799 or something like that, so it comes out to a little more.