Verizon announces HTC Thunderbolt with March 17th release date

sportadic22

Reaction score
no need to discharge fully charge them necessarily bc if i remember correctly.. they have no "memory"

xXJakeXx

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if there gonna have a ottor box available on release tomorrow or are we gonna have to wait? R they water proof? Or am I thinking of another brand that protects phones really well...
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ace198

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if there gonna have a ottor box available on release tomorrow or are we gonna have to wait? R they water proof? Or am I thinking of another brand that protects phones really well...
they are water poof

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
they are water poof

Not completly waterproof. They will resist a little water.

Sethman29

Reaction score
i spoke with otterbox yesterday they are in production but they gave no release dates.

Some people say they are waterproof, i have the defender on my 4th gen 32gig ipod touch and i wouldnt want it anywhere near water, IMO

electric6

Reaction score
they told me first come first serve too, didn't say anything about appointments!!

I believe the people you're seeing discuss this are Best Buy customers who pre-ordered back in Feb.

that does make sense now that you mention it. the best my store can do for me is hold the phone for 20 minutes while i'm driving there after work... and that's if there are any remaining devices.

dude, mine told me that "there will be plenty on launch day" and not to worry about not getting one because I have to work till 5. He then texted me later and said he got a "massive shipment of phones". Hoping they were all tb's.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Well I went to check my online account balance and to my surprise I am eligible for an early upgrade!! :D

I have 7 months until my NE2, but if I pay $20 I can buy a new phone now with a new contract, which seems well worth it IMO. Now I need to decide if I want to get the TB, or wait for the iPhone 5 like I was planning on (just to see if it will be worth it). But after hearing that Verizon will get rid of the unlimited data, it will be awesome to be grandfathered in to unlimited 4G for at least 2 years. I was also curious if it would extend my current contract by 2 years, but the rep said it will not, it will be like signing a new 2 year contract that will start once I buy a new phone.

Although she did say that she didn't hear anything about the TB being released tomorrow, I wonder why they kept everything in the dark?

ace198

Reaction score
Well I went to check my online account balance and to my surprise I am eligible for an early upgrade!! :D

I have 7 months until my NE2, but if I pay $20 I can buy a new phone now with a new contract, which seems well worth it IMO. Now I need to decide if I want to get the TB, or wait for the iPhone 5 like I was planning on (just to see if it will be worth it). But after hearing that Verizon will get rid of the unlimited data, it will be awesome to be grandfathered in to unlimited 4G for at least 2 years. I was also curious if it would extend my current contract by 2 years, but the rep said it will not, it will be like signing a new 2 year contract that will start once I buy a new phone.

Although she did say that she didn't hear anything about the TB being released tomorrow, I wonder why they kept everything in the dark?

i had verizon say that then i got my lg envy touch they said i dont know nothing and next it was out

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The HTC Thunderbolts have arrived

Posted on Wednesday, Mar 16, 2011 by Jerry Hildenbrand

Since the HTC Thunderbolt is going on sale tomorrow, the fact that they're arriving in stores isn't a surprise. I'm not going to let a little thing like that keep me from showing you guys a few pictures of HTC LTE goodness sitting in the backroom though. Nothing new to report, just beautiful black boxes ready and waiting for you to show up tomorrow and make one your own. Two more pictures after the break. Thanks Anon!

motty69

Reaction score
Verizon tweeted an hour ago that the Tbolt will be available online at midnight ET. They also said it will be $319 on a one year contact.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

georgek

Reaction score
Verizon tweeted an hour ago that the Tbolt will be available online at midnight ET. They also said it will be $319 on a one year contact.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

Good news, I'll be picking mine up on a one year contract after work tomorrow.