Verizon Announces 4.1.2 Build 98.72.22 for Droid BIONIC Rolling Out April 15th

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-bionic-ice-cream-sandwich-366x251.jpg

Just last week we shared that a soak test for Android 4.1.2/Jelly Bean on the Motorola Droid Bionic was happening. It looks like the soak test was successful and the update will soon be heading to the device. Verizon just released their support .pdf file for the update. The update is version 98.72.22, and will be rolling out sometime within the next two weeks.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Of course, many of you guys have already been using a custom Jelly Bean ROM for your device, but for all those who don't tinker, you can do a happy dance now. This update will officially bring 4.1.2 to the Droid Bionic. This is pretty big news that many of us never truly expected to happen. In fact I remember being pretty surprised to hear that ICS was being made official last year. This is a pretty good sign that Motorola will be [/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]committed to[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif] updating devices in the future. If this is any indication we should be able to expect two android version updates when we purchase a Moto phone. This update brings several new features such as Google Now, rich notifications, gesture keyboard, project butter speed and fluidity enhancements, and of course plenty of bug fixes.

Via Verizon
[/FONT]

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
super pumped.
though i feel like were still behind the power curve of 4.2 but!
i've been out of the loop for a while
if we have 4.1 it should be a lot easer for our super bionic Devs to add 4.2 stuff to 4.1 instead of 4.2 being put on ICS?

either way i'm looking forward to the update!
Long live the bionic!
<3 my removable battery

52brandon

Reaction score
lol. The Bionic has been all about the timing. The release of the phone was like 6 months late. Now the release of Jelly Bean is about as late

Reaction score
I am running a rooted, stock ICS Bionic, but I installed the Google Now hack that came out some time last year. When the OTA rolls out, will I be able to install the JB update with no problems or will it fail to update due to having Google Now installed on my ICS phone?

52brandon

Reaction score
I am running a rooted, stock ICS Bionic, but I installed the Google Now hack that came out some time last year. When the OTA rolls out, will I be able to install the JB update with no problems or will it fail to update due to having Google Now installed on my ICS phone?
why not just backup that ROM and uninstall the Google Now app if you want to do it that way? I would personally suggest waiting for someone to release a rooted stock JB ROM though

Reaction score
why not just backup that ROM and uninstall the Google Now app if you want to do it that way? I would personally suggest waiting for someone to release a rooted stock JB ROM though

I can't get Google Now to uninstall. I tried to use the same file that added Google Now (it is supposed to allow you to uninstall Google Now too) but I can't get it to uninstall. When I apply the file in recovery mode I get an error message (I can't recall what the error message was....but I'll try again if anyone thinks it will help)

52brandon

Reaction score
I can't get Google Now to uninstall. I tried to use the same file that added Google Now (it is supposed to allow you to uninstall Google Now too) but I can't get it to uninstall. When I apply the file in recovery mode I get an error message (I can't recall what the error message was....but I'll try again if anyone thinks it will help)
so use a file explorer app to delete it manually from /data and/or /system

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
The wife is downloading the OTA as we speak. It's funny because I just ordered a Note 2 for her yesterday, and this software update is likely to breathe new life into her Bionic! Ah well...