Verizon Announced A New Prepaid Plan.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ap_resize-png.77413

As we reported a few days back Verizon is lo sing subscribers in record numbers even after releasing their new unlimited data plans. I think it is more about the way they have treated customers over the years like they are entitled to your business and have to do nothing to earn your business simply because they have had the better network. For the past 10 years they have had the worst customer service in my experiences. Instead of fixing a problem they pretty much tell you to leave if you like. Now that Verizon is no longer subsidizing phones and consumers are mostly no longer under a 2 year contract they can't just tell you to pay the ETF and leave. People have nothing to tie them down. Ad campaigns like the one Sprint is running with the old "can you hear me now guy" are showing Americans that Verizon doesn't have the crazily superior network it once had. With this realization consumers are leaving big red in droves.

Verizon has been trying to slow the hemorrhaging a bit with the new plans, and yesterday they announced a new unlimited plan for prepaid customers. This plan seems to sink in the fangs a bit though and doesn't seem like a very good deal when you consider the postpaid unlimited plan. The new plan will limit streaming video to 480p, and the data can not be used for unlimited hotspot as it can with postpaid plans. Of course the data is de-prioritized and there is no mention of it being de-prioritized after hitting 22GB so it may be throttled on congested networks from the start. The plan is $80 and as far as I can see you don't get a discount for additional lines. There are certainly better prepaid plans available from competitors. Is anyone interested in a plan like this. I for one am stuck with Verizon because T-Mobile is still not up to par in my neighborhood. Hopefully their recent spectrum acquisition will make them more competitive in that regard.

via Verizon

Attachments

• ap_resize.png
    ap_resize.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 2,473

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a little confused at the usefulness of prepaid plans now that there are no longer any contracts. What am I missing?

Last edited:

JD_Racer_Dad

Reaction score
You pretty much hit it on the head with "...it is more about the way they have treated customers over the years like they are entitled to your business and have to do nothing to earn your business simply because they have had the better network." and "...they pretty much tell you to leave...".
Most that I know that have Verizon have no loyalty based on those two things and many others have already moved on. I don't know anyone among family or friends that have moved to Verizon in the last few years.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Verizon wants to get more cx back or make current ones happier then why not give Corp Discounts on Unlimited Plan like the other Plans. Yes i know not many if any other Providers do but that may just be what they need to do. If im able to save another $40 on my Bill id be much happier!

apl3

Reaction score
Sprint or T-mobile cant even cover the state of Connecticut which is one of the smallest states. Point is their coverage sucks.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I imagine the board meeting going something like this

CEO: We're hemorrhaging customers left and right... they're catching onto our antics and are actually leaving.

Board Member 1 (BM1): I've got it... we'll bring back unlimited.

BM2: Ooooh good idea, AND a few weeks after we'll roll out a prepaid version, except we're gonna cripple it... those d-bags aren't post-pay what's it matter

CEO: hmm... excellent...

they break out the party hats (devil horns) and throw back some cold refrigerated blood all while laughing about how they can screw even more people.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Prepaid = no credit check and paying for the current month, not the month ahead. Also typically no ability to finance the phone through the prepaid provider.
You mean the month previous... Post paid you pay for service after the fact and prepaid you pay for the service prior to use... Correct?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never understood their pre-pay-plan.
Back in 2009 +/- they started the whole "month in advance" billing, so aren't we already pre pay?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've never understood their pre-pay-plan.
Back in 2009 +/- they started the whole "month in advance" billing, so aren't we already pre pay?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Sort of... So gotta 0ass that credit check and there's other things post pay gets over prepay

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk