Verizon and Google Voice disaster - all incoming calls disconnect

starobin

Reaction score
I think I made a mistake and used the Market (App Brain actually) to upgrade my Google Voice app on my Droid X (Froyo) to the latest version 0.4.2.8

Since doing that ANY incoming calls to my Google Voice number disconnect as I try to pick up. Outgoing calls, no problem. Ingoing and outgoing to my cell number, no problem. Just incoming to my GV number.

Thinking that the problem was that I am no longer using the older version that came with the Droid X, I did a factory reset. Unfortunately the older version of GV was not on my phone, only the newer one. So despite the factory reset, the same problem persists - and calls to my Google Voice number end the moment I try to answer.

I've been keeping tabs on the forum here, searching for Google Voice, and no one else seems to have this problem.

Two Questions -

1) Does anyone know where I can find older versions of Google apps? And does Verizon keep an online repository of their 'altered' versions of Goggle's apps?

2) Once I find the older version (an .apk file, I think) how do I go about replacing the app on the phone manually? I have only installed and updated apps using the Market or App Brain.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Michael Starobin

OP
S

starobin

Reaction score
Update - found some older versions of Google Voice (0.3.0 and 0.4.1) and figured out how to install them from my SD card. But no luck - all calls to my GV number disconnect about 1 second after I answer them. (No problem with outgoing calls or SMS - also incoming calls to my cell number work fine - just not to my GV number.)

I'm very frustrated - I left the iPhone specifically because Android would better handle Google Voice and GMail than iOS.

Anybody out there have ANY idea what might be causing this?

Thanks

neutral

Reaction score
I had this same issue. I'd get a call, it would ring once, then just disconnect. I just solved it today by disabling google talk in my google voice phone list (Settings->Phones). Hope that helps.