Verizon aiming at Sprint with "Everything Unlimited" $99 plan

shiccy

Reaction score
Among the "No more unlimited data soon" posts

I like this is happening amongst the posts stating "THE UNLIMITED PLANS ARE NEARING THEIR ENDS/DEMISES!" I hope it catches on! For a person like myself that truly doesn't even come CLOSE to the 450minute limit any month, I'm happy to see it, but it won't be something I'm super interested in at this moment in time. ... not to mention literally EVERYBODY uses Verizon in this area, so M2M is huge for me.

Even though Sprint and ATT are around, nearly nobody has them in our areas b/c their service and tech support is so poor. Sprint excels for some because, for the most part, they don't require down payments to the tune of $500+ for "security" for those w/ bad credit scores (Like Verizon does).

Congrats Verizon for making a sound decision for some people. I hope sometime and some day these prices will go down a bit, though. I hate paying the equivalent of my home internet price for internet that, put mildly, blows (at least speed-wise. It's solid service, just isn't the fastest).

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My son is with Sprint and pays $69 and that covers his data as well. How can Verizon say they are aiming at Sprint???

NotThatGuy

Reaction score
Regional Carriers FTW!

Cellular South .. Unlimited Smartphone plan (everything they offer except ringback tones I think..) 79.99 mo.. Although they've been running a deal for new subscribers for 59.99

69copo

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my VZW rep and he had no idea what I was talking about. I mention the forum and told him the link. I hope this does go nationwide. I have 5 lines with Big Red and am paying a small fortune each month. This would save me at least $100 a month. I doubt that they would do any kind of "Family Share" plan with this. But I'm pumped to see them exploring this.

anewday

Reaction score
Its very simple with Sprint.

$69.99 = Internet, messaging, 450 minutes (but unlimited any mobile any time). with this plan only calls placed to land lines count against your minutes.

$99.99 = internet, messaging, unlimited minutes.

Thats the only difference. Both plans also include GPS, NFL, Nascar, TV, etc.

I thought Sprint's contract with NFL ended?

R.O.C.

Reaction score
Unlimited is Unlimited

When Verizon says something is unlimited, it means unlimited. No false advertising, no soft caps. I thought those rumors were dispelled ages ago...

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sprint could be 29.99 a month unlimited i still wouldn't be interested... i hated everything about the phones and service/reps when i did have it.... i've moved onto a real cell phone provider and i'm staying there forever.... verizon finally started bringing in a swarm of fresh new phones the only thing they were lagging in the past... long live android+verizon

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Anyone hear a date on this? Paying $199 dollars for 700 minutes, unlimited txt and data is really getting to my wallet ..

entwined82

Reaction score
Its very simple with Sprint.

$69.99 = Internet, messaging, 450 minutes (but unlimited any mobile any time). with this plan only calls placed to land lines count against your minutes.

$99.99 = internet, messaging, unlimited minutes.

Thats the only difference. Both plans also include GPS, NFL, Nascar, TV, etc.

I thought Sprint's contract with NFL ended?

There is still a Football app for Sprint and its still actively being developed but yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks for pointing this out. Verizon now have exclusive NFL rights.

colorfulRhyme

Reaction score
This just made my day.
I'm still on my parent's plan, since they're wonderful enough to support me until I get out of college.
However, I've still looked into getting my own line...
$100 instead of $120, and $10 cheaper than owning the iPhone? I pray to god they go through with this, because then I may actually be able to afford it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
This just made my day.
I'm still on my parent's plan, since they're wonderful enough to support me until I get out of college.
However, I've still looked into getting my own line...
$100 instead of $120, and $10 cheaper than owning the iPhone? I pray to god they go through with this, because then I may actually be able to afford it.
Cheaper AND unlimited data instead of 2GB cap with a buttload of charges if you go over by much. Don't forget AT&T's cap on new data contracts. With that in mind, I wouldn't switch over to AT&T if they were offering free phones that gave out iced tea with the push of a button.