Verizon aiming at Sprint with "Everything Unlimited" $99 plan

OP
W

warp

Well this is good news but I already have the $60 NW Talk & Text which is unlimited minutes on nights/weekends and unlimited texting, not to mention the $30 unlimited data plan which equates to $90. And I never go over my minutes so I'll stick with what I've got but this is still good news.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since I live in San Diego it might be good to look into, but I'm only paying $79.99 at the moment.

entwined82

Reaction score
Its very simple with Sprint.

$69.99 = Internet, messaging, 450 minutes (but unlimited any mobile any time). with this plan only calls placed to land lines count against your minutes.

$99.99 = internet, messaging, unlimited minutes.

Thats the only difference. Both plans also include GPS, NFL, Nascar, TV, etc.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

$69.99 = Internet, messaging, 450 minutes (but unlimited any mobile any time). with this plan only calls placed to land lines count against your minutes.

So people pay $30 more a month to be able to call land lines unlimited?

entwined82

Reaction score

So people pay $30 more a month to be able to call land lines unlimited?

I hope not now haha. They introduced Any Mobile Any Time like mid-late 2009. The $99 Simply Everything plan has been around for quite a bit longer. The AMAT addition was made last year and was applied to any account that was ~$60-$70 a month, including mine at the time before I switched to Verizon.

loganmax

Reaction score
The Verizon $99.99 plan is also an unlimited calls and texts to mobile phones only and you have a bank of anytime minutes (700) + 10 friend and family numbers that can be land line.

ricepuddin

Reaction score
North/Central Texas, as well. Got the email yesterday and called them about it. He used the phrase "central Texas", but I'm definitely North Central TX.

thanks man. I just called and got on this plan, being stationed here they switched my # for free so i could take advantage of it

amotamatapia

Reaction score
I would be more interested in seeing something done with the family plan. We have 3 droids.. so the monthly bill is always $220+.

The data aspect for each of our phones is hardly used (always less than 1gb/month per phone) so I guess I may only start seeing savings once tiered pricing comes, since I dont think this new thing would help at all.

luv2golf

Reaction score
Just called Verizon Corp. call center to inquire about this new plan and they were clue less. I told them it was for the San Diego/L.A. area and all I got was that awkward silence on the other end.

vatothe0

Reaction score
The Verizon $99.99 plan is also an unlimited calls and texts to mobile phones only and you have a bank of anytime minutes (700) + 10 friend and family numbers that can be land line.

The only 700 minute plan verizon has is a family plan. No friends and family on that plan though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
A quick check of the Sprint website will show you that the $99 is equivalent with SPrints Simply Everything plan. The $69 everyone is quoting is for the Everything Data - with Any Mobile, Anytime - which does not include unlimited talk time.

If Verizon goes with the Family plans like Sprint, it starts at $189 for 2 lines, plus $89 per additional lines from 3-5.

loganmax

Reaction score

The only 700 minute plan verizon has is a family plan. No friends and family on that plan though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You are correct......I misread the info......

Technoman

Reaction score
The 69.99 is TALK only (and only to any number on any network - mobile)
For Talk and text it is 89.99. Then you have to add your 29.99 data to this.
Chart below from Verizon site and I am on as if I live in LA....

Nationwide Single-Line Plans
Anytime
Minutes Talk & Text*
monthly access Talk
monthly access Friends &
Family† Per-Minute
Rate After
Allowance†
450 $59.99 $39.99 — 45¢
900 $79.99 $59.99 Pick 5 Friends
Connect More. Spend Less.
Call up to 5 numbers on any network - even landlines - and talk as long as you want. Anywhere in America. Anytime. Completely unlimited!

40¢
Unlimited** $89.99 $69.99 — —

Shop Now

Shop Now

Technoman

Reaction score
The 69.99 is TALK only (and only to any number on any network - mobile)
For Talk and text it is 89.99. Then you have to add your 29.99 data to this.
Chart below from Verizon site and I am on as if I live in LA....

Nationwide Single-Line Plans
Anytime
Minutes Talk & Text*
monthly access Talk
monthly access Friends &
Family† Per-Minute
Rate After
Allowance†
450 $59.99 $39.99 — 45¢
900 $79.99 $59.99 Pick 5 Friends
Connect More. Spend Less.
Call up to 5 numbers on any network - even landlines - and talk as long as you want. Anywhere in America. Anytime. Completely unlimited!

40¢
Unlimited** $89.99 $69.99 — —

Shop Now

Shop Now

Didn't post as intended..... but it is $89.99 for TALK AND TEXT.