Verizon 4G LTE Unlimited Data Customers Can Get Separate $30 Unlimited Tethering

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or give you unlimited tethering with no need for unlimited data? Unlimited is unlimited right?

It seems redundant to me...

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
I wouldn't put much faith in unlimited tethering... Verizon already lied about unlimited data usage that's not truly unlimited.

sent from my ApeX

It's been unlimited on my end since I signed up for it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Basically $60 and you can use it as an ISP...that's a more realistic price.

Psykhoxygen

Reaction score
So hold up I'm getting mixed messages. I have the DX with unlimited data. Starting july 7th I'm going to b tiered? I thought I read that anyone that gets unlimited data contract b4 july 7th is good to go.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
So hold up I'm getting mixed messages. I have the DX with unlimited data. Starting july 7th I'm going to b tiered? I thought I read that anyone that gets unlimited data contract b4 july 7th is good to go.

You will still get unlimited. The thread is talking about the mobile hotspot. For 3G phones, mobile hotspot will cost you $20 a month for 2GB of tethering. For 4G phones, mobile hotspot will cost $30 and you get unlimited.

Psykhoxygen

Reaction score

You will still get unlimited. The thread is talking about the mobile hotspot. For 3G phones, mobile hotspot will cost you $20 a month for 2GB of tethering. For 4G phones, mobile hotspot will cost $30 and you get unlimited.

Ah, ok thx for clearing that up.

rtompkins3

Reaction score
Just a note for how this stacks up to the mifi's and usb's 4G dedicated hot spots and modems - the max is $80.00 for 10 Gig - and here we see $60 for unlimited phone + hotspot - Comparison makes a pretty good deal for us early adopters. Now all I need to figure out is how to lose the $175 penalty for dropping the mifi :)

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a note for how this stacks up to the mifi's and usb's 4G dedicated hot spots and modems - the max is $80.00 for 10 Gig - and here we see $60 for unlimited phone + hotspot - Comparison makes a pretty good deal for us early adopters. Now all I need to figure out is how to lose the $175 penalty for dropping the mifi :)

Just put a regular phone on the line it will drop it to 10 bucks a month :)

N4UPD

Reaction score
Question.I have an Alltel data card with unlimited data.If I signed up for the unlimited tethering I could drop my alltel card which is 60 bucks a month to the unlimited tethering and save 30 bucks and be on unlimited 4g insread of 3g. What do you guys think?

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Question.I have an Alltel data card with unlimited data.If I signed up for the unlimited tethering I could drop my alltel card which is 60 bucks a month to the unlimited tethering and save 30 bucks and be on unlimited 4g insread of 3g. What do you guys think?

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Sounds like something I would seriously consider.

npro1464

Reaction score
This is a very fair deal from Verizon. Think back to the first iPad plans from ATT, they came with unlimited 3g @ $30/month, and that is only good for one unit. This is unlimited 4g and you can tether it to as many devices as you like.

I am definitely going to take advantage of this when I go on vacation. No need to use Wifi Tether, unless you want to be a jerk.

jseah

Reaction score
What's confusing is that the way I read it, you must have a 4G phone before July 7th in order to get the unlimited tethering package beginning July 7th. For anyone getting a 4G phone on July 7th or later, you can only get the $20 2GB tethering package. The way others are interpreting it, as long as you have the unlimited data package on a 4G phone, then you can get unlimited tethering for $30. Only those on tiered data packages have to get the tiered tethering.

So it looks like this has been clarified now.

Verizon confirms it will ditch unlimited smartphone data plans starting July 7 - FierceWireless

Verizon also is making pricing changes to its LTE mobile hotspot service, available from smartphones like the HTC ThunderBolt and Samsung Droid Charge. Currently, the LTE mobile hotspot feature is free and unlimited. Raney said that for customers who have been using the LTE mobile hotspot service on their phones, starting July 7, they will be charged $30 per month for unlimited LTE mobile hotspot use. For new customers, the mobile hotspot service will cost $20 for an extra 2 GB of data to be used for mobile hotspot service or any other data service. The mobile hotspot changes were first reported by the Android blog Droid Life.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Verizon Prepares New Chart of Tiered Data as July 7 Looms

Verizon Prepares New Chart of Tiered Data as July 7 Looms

verizon-tiered-data.png

Source

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Glad I'm grandfathered in to unlimited, and glad I'm rooted... I won't be pushing any OTA update from VZW that'll block my tethering .. it's my data I'm paying for, I'm going to use it how I want (don't worry, I'm not one of those guys who powers his 360 off the VZW data, the cell service is just barely 3G/pretty much 1X at my house, wouldn't be worth tethering that lol)