Verizon 4G LTE Unlimited Data Customers Can Get Separate $30 Unlimited Tethering

KiRyah

Reaction score
Also, I think Sprint charges $10 more for their data plan now.

Sprint was $10.00 a month for the Data plan and if you lived in a area where 4G wasn't available it didn't cost. That might have changed by now. I was never charge for Tethering and I did it a lot. Maybe thats changed as well. Just seems to me like Verizon is nickle and diming me to death! My Phone bill is $400.00 a month now for my family plan. I can't afford this anymore. As soon as my contract expires I am dropping Verizon. I guess what I would like to know, is what is out there that offers at least 3G and doesn't cost more than a car payment per month?

Eiji

Reaction score
Boost Mobile. To have unlimited data on a family plan with sprint now you would need to have a simply everything data share plan for 129. Plus 59 for each additional line. Plus ten dollar premium data fees per line. Plus 30 for the hotspot capabilities. In other terms you are screwed no matter how you look at it at this point.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
I have a big problem paying to tether period. I'm already paying for a data plan why should I be charged if I decide to use my phone to connect my tablet or netbook to the web!?!?!? This is the whole " given them an inch; they take a mile" thing. Far too many people are far too willing to pay for some B.S. "service". One of the biggest reasons I root my phone out of the box.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Vito.a

Reaction score
Is there a special code for unlimited tethering?

Is there a special code for unlimited tethering?
I called Verizon and asked about unlimited tethering and the lady said she there were no unlimited plans. I said I have had unlimited data for over 2 years now and that I thought I was eligible for unlimited tehering also.
How do I get the unlimited tethering?

stabl4life82

Reaction score
I have unlimited tethering but I used the radiocomm code they have put out. I don't know if ur phone can do this as well. I have a droid 3 and it worked perfect. So mine is free

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Right now I tether my Droid 1 using PdaNet software and it works fine, as far as I know I have never been throttled or cut off for doing so and I'm sure I have gone over 5mb a month.

What will change for me when I get the Bionic next month? will PdaNet stop functioning and Verizon will force the $30 a month charge on me?

Thanks

Ron W.

sqchram

Reaction score
When I sign up for the Bionic, continue to keep my unlimited data, it allows me to select wireless hotspot, but there is no specification as to GB cap, or whether its unlimited. Anybody went through this and saw what happens?

jseah

Reaction score
When I sign up for the Bionic, continue to keep my unlimited data, it allows me to select wireless hotspot, but there is no specification as to GB cap, or whether its unlimited. Anybody went through this and saw what happens?

It's unlimited. On the LTE phones, wireless hotspot is unlimited.

spider210

Reaction score
It's unlimited. On the LTE phones, wireless hotspot is unlimited.

As long as you have unlimited data then u get unlimited hotspot for extra $30. Otherwise extra $20/2gb

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
no carrier should charge a person who is already paying for Data weather it's unlimited or tiered for Tethering. The phone are capable of it but Verizon is way too damn greedy. One of the top reasons to root your phone. Take what you can, when you can!