Verizon 4G LTE Hits 14 New Markets

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-4G-LTE-Map.jpg

If you have been anxiously awaiting Verizon's 4G LTE for your area, and you are on the list below, then you can officially do a happy dance if you want. dancedroid

Verizon just issued a press release indicating they have expanded their 4G LTE network to 14 new markets. Here they are:
  • Little Rock, Ark.
  • Savannah, Ga.
  • Cedar Rapids and Des Moines, Iowa
  • Lexington, Ky.
  • Starkville, Miss.
  • Kansas City and Springfield/Branson, Mo.
  • Lincoln, Neb.
  • Orange County, N.Y.
  • Greater Providence, R.I.
  • Rapid City, S.D.
  • Roanoke, Va.
  • Appleton/Oshkosh, Wis.
The company is also making major 4G LTE expansions on Nov. 17 in Louisville, Ky.; Grand Rapids, Mich.; Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn.; and Pittsburgh, Pa.

Source: Verizon Wireless - THE NATION’S LARGEST 4G LTE NETWORK COMES TO 14 NEW MARKETS AND EXPANDS IN FOUR MARKETS ON NOV. 17 - Full Press Release

bilbobaggins

Reaction score
It's working in Taunton. I was 3G till about 10:30. Got a message and I noticed the 4Glte . In a crappy area inside my building. Also have it in a good part of Fall River, unfortunately I live in the extended lte area. No 4G at home but the signal does pop up from time to time. I can pick it up about 500 yards from my house. A solid 3 bars too. I may try a booster since I already have a rotary antenna on my roof. It's a yagi so it should work. If I have it at home and work that will be good enough for me till they expand the coverage. I'll post an update after I get this installed in case anyone else wants to try this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

tmal2

Reaction score
I had 4G coverage in Providence for a while then it switched back to 3G. After that, I lost all data coverage. Go figure.
Eventually I did get 3G coverage back

Reaction score
I dont know why New Hampshire isn't on the map we have 4g in the south part of the state which they never told us about. -_-

kyle4269

Reaction score
I had 4G coverage in Providence for a while then it switched back to 3G. After that, I lost all data coverage. Go figure.
Eventually I did get 3G coverage back

I have 4G in parts of Cranston and Warwick, but its really patchy.

jayman350

Reaction score
I dont know why New Hampshire isn't on the map we have 4g in the south part of the state which they never told us about. -_-

there is a tower in Manchester (according to my speedtest.net app), strangely enough it seems to follow 93 instead of radiating out from one point.

I have 4G at home (thankfully) but at work I'm stuck on 3G. I seem have data drop out on me for extended periods of time while at work, I was really hoping that they would expand more to the NE Mass/SE NH area b/c there is crap coverage around here (work).

BoOmKaPoW

Reaction score
I ended up getting 21 megs down in little rock this morning! INSANE!

rpainter4

Reaction score
Been getting a 4G signal in Springfield, MO since getting home from an out of town trip on 11/3.

Reaction score
there is a tower in Manchester (according to my speedtest.net app), strangely enough it seems to follow 93 instead of radiating out from one point.

I have 4G at home (thankfully) but at work I'm stuck on 3G. I seem have data drop out on me for extended periods of time while at work, I was really hoping that they would expand more to the NE Mass/SE NH area b/c there is crap coverage around here (work).

Yes in south end of manchester it has 4g by the end of 2012 most of nh will have 4g