Verizon 4.4.2 Kitkat is now rolling out

bbtkd

Reaction score
Phone is much more responsive. STILL NO HOTSPOT toggle in the pull down though...grrr

This happens with all updates since the update cleans things up, like cache. It is sudden so noticeable. It will slow over time, but slowly as cache clutters up again.

mykl376

Reaction score
Once I see that to be true then I will update my phone until then I will ride with this till the end

galaxy s4

I updated to kitkat a couple of days ago, and just this evening I updated FoxFi and PDAnet from the play store. Seems to work just fine again on my Verizon S4. There is one extra step now: when you tap the box to activate FoxFi, another dialog box pops up telling you to go to settings and turn on mobile hotspot. I was a tad apprehensive at first, but then it opened up like before, showing the blue FoxFi icon in the status bar, along with the now white phone hotspot icon.

droidworld

Reaction score
I was a tad apprehensive at first, but then it opened up like before, showing the blue FoxFi icon in the status bar, along with the now white phone hotspot icon.

Sounds great in don't like that turn high spot either but will give this a try

galaxy s4

silverfang77

Reaction score
Wasn't Kitkat supposed to remove the connection arrows? Mine still has them. Not that I'm complaining.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

Kelbee

Reaction score
So, if I haven't gotten a notification from Verizon, my phone can't upgrade yet?

bbtkd

Reaction score
So, if I haven't gotten a notification from Verizon, my phone can't upgrade yet?

First thing, if you have not already, force it to check for updates by settings/more/about phone/updates

If that doesn't get it started, then I wonder if you have ever rooted. If you have, it would detect that unless you've unrooted fully.

Lastly, if you haven't rooted, try installing Samsung Kies 3 on your PC and use that to upgrade.

Kelbee

Reaction score
First thing, if you have not already, force it to check for updates by settings/more/about phone/updates

If that doesn't get it started, then I wonder if you have ever rooted. If you have, it would detect that unless you've unrooted fully.

Lastly, if you haven't rooted, try installing Samsung Kies 3 on your PC and use that to upgrade.

Thank you bbtkd! The first thing seems to be working. I tried doing that but just couldn't find where. This phone is really confusing to me.

DOORZ

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a weaker signal with this update? The cell coverage in my building has never been great, but ever since this update I am lucky if I have 1 bar. I assume because of this half the time text messages don't end up being sent. I never had this issue before the update but its pretty hateful now.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a weaker signal with this update? The cell coverage in my building has never been great, but ever since this update I am lucky if I have 1 bar. I assume because of this half the time text messages don't end up being sent. I never had this issue before the update but its pretty hateful now.

<Waives Hand in the Air> oohhh...pick me...pick me... Yes...I noticed loss of signal strength and it is not just the meter. I can't even get a text message to go out when I am in my office now.

Did the radios get updated too?

Nate

loco

Reaction score
I am rooted, and used Titanium Backup to freeze the update. I'll stay on 4.3 for a while.....

silverfang77

Reaction score
Any word on root for KitKat on the S4 yet?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

calidroid31

Reaction score
Is it worth pay for Foxfi new to it .I tried the free part but shuts off after 5 mins

mykl376

Reaction score
Is it worth pay for Foxfi new to it .I tried the free part but shuts off after 5 mins

It really is. The paid version is identical, only without the timer that shuts it off. I'm the only one of 4 in our family that has unlimited data, so on trips and such I use my hotspot to save on their data. It's a small price to pay one time, compared to a monthly fee from VZW. They've always updated to keep up with OS updates.

sublevel4

Reaction score
It really is. The paid version is identical, only without the timer that shuts it off. I'm the only one of 4 in our family that has unlimited data, so on trips and such I use my hotspot to save on their data. It's a small price to pay one time, compared to a monthly fee from VZW. They've always updated to keep up with OS updates.

i do the same thing. it is well worth the cost in my opinion.