Verizon 4.4.2 Kitkat is now rolling out

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate Verizon, this update pretty much forces itself on the phone, no way to avoid loading it, now foxfi dies not work, but the phone seems to be running cooler.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I hate Verizon, this update pretty much forces itself on the phone, no way to avoid loading it, now foxfi dies not work, but the phone seems to be running cooler.

Not surprised about foxfi being broken with the update. They're pushing hard to circumvent wireless tether without being too obvious (lol). They'll break it and hopefully foxfi will fix it again.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
second that

galaxy s4
Good luck with that, this update pretty much forces itself onto your device, unless you don't mind having a pop-up constantly on you screen telling you to update. Mine automatically loaded the update then kept asking me to update it, with this BIG notification taking up the entire screen constantly popping up, hope FoxFi gets around the new security those red :icon_ devil: implemented into the software.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
This update didn't work... I got an "error!" on the recovery screen when it was installing the update, and then it reboots and says, "Sorry there was a problem updating your SAMSUNG SCH-I545. No changes were made."

I was rooted before, but I restored all of my deleted samsung/verizon apps, including HUB, Knox, etc., then I unrooted my phone, and ran the superSU full unroot. I don't even have an unlocked padlock on my screen on bootup anymore.. anyone have any ideas? Also, Kies 3 and the Verizon Updater on the computer when plugged in says my phone's up to date..

PhishyKris

Reaction score
Phone is much more responsive. STILL NO HOTSPOT toggle in the pull down though...grrr

jgny019

Reaction score
Updated to 4.4.2 last night everything went great. Plugged my phone in to charge and when I woke up the phone was frozen with the red light for notifications frozen on red and phone wouldnt turn on. Had to pull battery to restart. Not ok.. any ideas?

2nd time this happened again tonight. . This is only happening since this update. . Maybe a coincidence. If noone else has seen this its just that, a coincidence.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Bummer, I'm sorry to hear that. Does FoxFi still work via USB tether like the old PDAnet, or is it basically a dead app?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although I haven't tried it, both FoxFi and PdaNet+ had an update today to allow them to work with KitKat on the S3/S4/S5.

Last edited:

droidworld

Reaction score
Although I haven't tried it, both FoxFi and PdaNet+ had an update today to allow them to work with KitKat on the S3/S4/S5.

Once I see that to be true then I will update my phone until then I will ride with this till the end

galaxy s4