Verizon 3g price increase?

Reaction score
Im not sure if this was posted, I tried looking, nor am I sure if this is the right place to post it haha.

On the news last night they were talking about verizon doing a 10 dollar a month price increase on 3g plans, I heard about sprint doing something like this, but nothing on verizon. Does anyone have any details about this or insider info?

Sent from my Droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im not sure if this was posted, I tried looking, nor am I sure if this is the right place to post it haha.

On the news last night they were talking about verizon doing a 10 dollar a month price increase on 3g plans, I heard about sprint doing something like this, but nothing on verizon. Does anyone have any details about this or insider info?

Sent from my Droid

I just got a plan that reduced my bill. And they won't increase you while you are in contract.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/95195-new-unlimited-plan-big-red.html

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
IMO, I don't think it would make sense for ANY carrier to increase the price of their 3G plans now with the 4G networks on the rise. Granted, we're still a few years off from full implementation of 4G, but still.

...and back in November I jumped on the same promotion that hook mentioned.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
IMO, I don't think it would make sense for ANY carrier to increase the price of their 3G plans now with the 4G networks on the rise. Granted, we're still a few years off from full implementation of 4G, but still.

...and back in November I jumped on the same promotion that hook mentioned.

Actually, the move would make sense. If they increase the 3G price, people will look at 4G and say something like, "I can get 4G for the same price," or "For another $10, I might as well get 4G."

Does that make sense?

OP
elvis_marmaduke
Reaction score
Well, apparently I don't 'qualify' or wasn't chosen or whatever for the upgrade so I can't get it... So, I guess I'm stuck paying way too much for 3g, canceling it, or switching carriers? Not very good move on Verizon's part... especially seeing as some of the people who had dropped calls (AT&T) spent millions (if not more) upgrading their networks last year so they don't have issues with that anymore... or have way less.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Actually, the move would make sense. If they increase the 3G price, people will look at 4G and say something like, "I can get 4G for the same price," or "For another $10, I might as well get 4G."

Does that make sense?

Well...when you put it that way I guess it does make a bit of sense. But if that were the scenario then they should wait until 4 G was more widespread as a network and more 4G devices are available. As it is now, 4G is only in a handful of cities and 3G devices are still outnumbering.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App