verizon 2100 extended battery thoughts

searayman

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying this phone off of some one with the verizon 2100 extended battery. What are all your thoughts on this and does anyone have any pictures of it side by side with the regular phone and battery so I can see size difference? And if you own one how much time you getting out of it?

Thanks!

hydro556

Reaction score
I have attained 3 HTC Incredibles from VZW and I had them send me 3 of the HiCap 2150 VZW batteries. They are a nice improvement if you are having battery issues and the size increase, to me, is not very noticeable. After a few days with it, you forget it is on there, and only after handling the standard battery equipped phone do you even notice the change in form factor.

When I first got my wifes incredible, the only battery I had on hand was the 2150 HiCap. So, we mounted it on there and she has not looked back, Have never mounted her standard cap battery, it is still in the original box. She has zero issues with the larger profile so she is sticking with it.

On my phone, I have no issue with charging mid day at the office, and since the big battery doesnt work with my Seidio Innocase, I choose to run the standard battery and my HiCap battery is still in the original box, untouched.

On my 3rd Incredible, the one I actually bought, in order to add a line when we switched my daughter over for her 17th birthday, we are still up in the air. I am concerned that my daughter will not manage her battery as well as she could, so I got her a hicap, but I also got her an Innocase. I am hoping she doesnt find a need for the extended battery so that she can use the case, but time will tell.

As far as the extra life from the HiCap, I have done no actual testing other than just seat of the pants. The HiCap seems to do about what one would expect, given the numbers. It definitely adds several hours to the phone under normal use. I could totally see it being the difference between making it all day without charging vs not. And the form factor is a non issue, to me. The only drawback is the lack of cases in my opinion.

falkien

Reaction score
I have the 2100. I have seen a HUGE increase in battery. I can go all day using my phone for just about everything and be at about 40% by the end of the day. I modified the Verizon silicon case to fit my increased battery door. I actually like the bigger battery because it give the phone a little something to rest in the palm of my hand.

chartle

Reaction score
I'll echo everyone else's statement that does its job and gives you the extra time you would expect.

As for the bump in the back, I like the feel of the bigger backside :).

It kind of gives a handle to the phone. Also it protects the camera lens a little better because it recessed.

chrisdrobison

Reaction score
@Falkien - Two questions, where did you get the silicon case that you use for the phone? How did you modify it (can you post a picture of the end result)?

mauiblue

Reaction score
I got another one of these HTC/Verizon 2150 batteries for my Incredible. Got a great deal today as there is/was a promo on the Verizon website. I'm a bit disappointed it does not have any compatible case but oh well. The extra capacity really makes a difference as I don't want to be worried about my phone dying when I really need it. I also want to use it to its fulliest potential with basically all optional utilzied like GPS and streaming radio.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
I saw on another forum that you can get 30% off of this batter or any other batteries at verizonwireless.com. Enter promo code BAT30 at checkout. If you have a corporate account you already get 25% off so you could get the battery for more than half off.

schoon

Reaction score
I agree, the battery helps a LOT, I went over 24 hours with no charge yesterday and I'm a pretty heavy user I think. We'll see how it performs over the next couple of weeks, I am still carrying around the slim battery as well in case I need to swap out but hopefully this will do the trick.

albrst

Reaction score
I have the 2100. I have seen a HUGE increase in battery. I can go all day using my phone for just about everything and be at about 40% by the end of the day. I modified the Verizon silicon case to fit my increased battery door. I actually like the bigger battery because it give the phone a little something to rest in the palm of my hand.
Can you take a picture of your case and how it fits with the bigger battery and what you did to make it fit?

lisasha3

Reaction score
I noticed the droid store had some other batteries as well. Up to 3500. Is there a reason why you guys are staying within the 2150 area?
Thanks!

mauiblue

Reaction score
I noticed the droid store had some other batteries as well. Up to 3500. Is there a reason why you guys are staying within the 2150 area?
Thanks!

For me, I like to stick with the OEM options. I'm especially wary of aftermarket batteries. Others may have no issues with aftermaket batteries and more power to them. It's just preference for me and anyway HTC largest battery is the 2150.

albrst

Reaction score
Thanks!
What droid store? and I really want a snap on case for my phone but cna't do that with the 2150 so not sure what to do.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
What droid store? and I really want a snap on case for my phone but cna't do that with the 2150 so not sure what to do.
I use the Seidio snap on holster case with my HTC 2150 battery, it works great and looks great, got it from amazon "cheaper the Seidios online store", it's the one made for the bare Incredible.dancedroid