verizion wants permission to snoop

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Opted out as well, not that I really care so much but why let them make money from selling/sharing my info when they don't lower my bill in exchange...

Anyway thanks for the info!

razor02097

Reaction score
Verizon can collect just about any information about you they want but the law says they can't share it with other companies unless you say they can. The common "opt in by default" is an old tactic that still seems to work. The information they share might not be anything to worry about now but since there aren't any specifics right now doesn't mean they won't share more sensitive information in the future.

The information they would share would likely contribute to what bloat to add to upcoming OTA updates, analysis of what services are selling & what isn't and information to fabricate future "feel good" promotions (i.e. throw the dog a bone, promotions that nobody cares about but company can say they are still interested in their loyal customers).

Thank you for posting, I have opted out also.

RockXP

Reaction score
Thanks

I didn't see the option on the website, but I opted out via the account owner's number on the automated line. They give you the option to opt out on only the line you're calling from or the entire account, I did the entire account (my line is not the primary).

On your account page, look under Acnt Profile>Alerts & Preferences>Privacy Settings

:pint:

Thanks...I just did it

AlBundy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, just opted out for all my lines.

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What a great way to build a quick list of who to track.

{{ WugFresh }}

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Thanks for the information. I checked and I must have been poking around the Profiles page at some point because my lines were already listed as opted out. :icon_ banana:

jim1969

Reaction score
I didn't see the option on the website, but I opted out via the account owner's number on the automated line. They give you the option to opt out on only the line you're calling from or the entire account, I did the entire account (my line is not the primary).

On your account page, look under Acnt Profile>Alerts & Preferences>Privacy Settings

:pint:
I can't find Alerts & Preferences under my account profile.